April Fools: Tiger Release Event

ScottW

Founder
Staff member
Okay... call me stupid, Think Secret is reporting that Apple will announce Tiger availability on Friday, April 1st. Now, in the world of business, April 1st might not be a date to avoid just because it is the day of fooling each other. However, what is foolish is holding a media event on a Friday and just doesn't seem to be up to par with Apple's previous events.

So... I say, anyone who believes it, must be a fool.

:D

ScottW said:
Okay... call me stupid, Think Secret is reporting that Apple will announce Tiger availability on Friday, April 1st. Now, in the world of business, April 1st might not be a date to avoid just because it is the day of fooling each other. However, what is foolish is holding a media event on a Friday and just doesn't seem to be up to par with Apple's previous events.

So... I say, anyone who believes it, must be a fool.

:D

It could be Apple's tactic to see who the leak is. Give some information to a select few staff, and see if the information is leaked to the media. If nothing happens, move on to another batch of staff. If a leak occurs, you've narrowed down the possibilities :).

[Dons tin foil hat and runs into a cellar].

I forget- what else happened on April first? Either Apple was founded, or they started selling the Apple I. I forget which.

They say (whoever) it's at least two weeks between the "Golden Master build" and a "product in a store". Current betas of Tiger aren't "ready for consumption". So either Apple'd have to have a GM version of Tiger ready this week, or no, we won't see Tiger on shelves on 2005-04-01.

Also, TS talks of "more frequent builds" seeded on ADC. That's simply not true. We're still in the one build per month period, with occasionally a build more for the testers. Doesn't smell like Final Candidate phase at all.

Sure, I could be wrong on both mentioned issues, but I just don't think so...

I guess there's a possibility they'll announce the shipping date in a media event on April 1. But I do like Viro's theory ;)

Back