Arabic Chrome?

SGilbert

Registered
WTF is with Google advertising Chrome with Arabic letters all over this forum? I find it offensive!

I have seen lots of Thai language Chrome ads, but no Arabic. Where did you see Arabic?

Thai does not resemble Arabic, so I suppose it's possible that you do see Arabic, and not Thai like others see.
The question then remains - Why Thai?

And, not arabic, anyway. I suspect SGilbert is perhaps referring to Google advertising, and not to the language being used, eh? :D

Arabic/Thai/whatever. WHY? We obviously have many countries represented here, and that's great, but the site is in English; run by Americans; about an American company's products; and used by a majority of Americans. Like I asked, why Thai (or whatever jibberish it actually is)?

... Like I asked, why Thai (or whatever jibberish it actually is)?

I'll bet that someone who can read Thai would not consider that 'jibberish'. The fact that it's a shameless advert, well, that could be offensive to some, and can explain why ad-blockers, etc, are quite welcome for some folks who don't care that an ad might be in another language, they just don't want ads cluttering up a site.

I much prefer the Thai ad (which I can't read) to one I can read right now "Available today: iPads for $23.74?" - Now, I'm offended by that :D

What? Why would a non-Latin character set be offensive?
Browse in Israel and even the ads offered by Safari will probably look offensive? :)

Or (generally) use a browser that allows to block the ads or learn to not see them while browsing...

Back