Are you a full time OS X user yet?

Are you a FULLTIME OS X user?

• Yes, I could remove Classic from my system--no worries mate.

• No, I still need Classic, even if it's just for an occasional use...

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't even have OS 9 installed anymore, but I've been lucky enough to have all my software upgraded through work, otherwise I'd be using Classic occasionally.

occasionaly i enjoy tweaking art in illustrator and photoshop, but unforutnately i don't have that kind of money to upgrade to the X versions (I'm a student). maybe once i build up enough cash i'll upgrade but for now i'm happy.

well, well I guess I have to post then.
Because of the hardware I'm running I'm forced to boot in to OS9. But I don't think I willl ever totaly give up classic, it's been with me for too long you know, like an old friend ;)

Viktor

I'd like to change my answer... to NO! I need Classic! #$%@!!!!

RANT WARNING:

I am really starting to hate Epson here!
Needed to print 4x6 pictures of a family member from jpegs that where sent via the web. "No Problem, my Stylus Photo 785EPX was built for that!"

heh...

yeah...

Half an ink cartridge, half a pack of 4x6 paper (not to mention all the messed up 4" roll paper), and two days later...

I had to reinstall OS9, Install the Epson Drivers for OS 9 along with Film Factory (which, is something like what I'm looking for in iPhoto, too bad they don't make an OS X version), and was FINALLY able to print!

Luckily I am able to run Film Factory from Classic on OS X so I don't have to reboot - and everything prints out fine.

iPhoto, and GIMP Print (CUPS) kept back-firing on me! :(

Ok... I'm done. :)

Well, aside from my Printing problem listed above, I just added another item to why I use Classic (altho this one is easier to fix, but I need money).

Last night a friend/client highly recomended me to a club that wanted an updated version of their logo (their current one being almost 50 years old - no lie!). And altho I was the most expencive, they wanted me to do it. :D

So now I need classic for Illustrator 9 too... I know I need to upgrade, but I never really used Illustrator anymore so I didn't have a reason to upgrade until now. :)

Originally posted by earector
I have a PM 7200 at home with OS9...my ibook only has OSX installed, though. I decided if they didn't make it for X, I didn't need it.

That had nothing to do with this thread...I don't think...we didn't need that comment. If you are bitter about not using OS X find a thread that applies. LOL

Anyhow, i am full time I think...i still have OS 9 but I dread starting it up...i just keep it as a security blanket for some odd reason. I think i could delete it with no worries. I really should delete it...blah. Haven't started it up in about a year now, maybe more.

I've still never bothered to get an OS X compatible version of Photoshop...

...and I still need to check Web pages in Netscape 4.7x periodically...

I am full time OS X user!
My Classic won't even work, so i HAVE to use os x, unless i reboot into os 9 which i never do (since 3 months ago).

I would have said that I'm completely OS9 free, except for the fact that when I was studying for finals I had to use a disc of radiology images that were only useable under Classic. There's just too much chance right now for me to run into something that requires Classic to have it completely wiped from my computer. Right now I'd say that I'm 99.75% Classic free...

Ask me in a couple of years when OSX has been the standard for some time, and my answer will be a full 100% :cool:

With 18 computers running operating systems like A/UX, IRIX, Solaris and Rhapsody (and some running Mac OS 8.1, 8.6 and 9.2) along side Mac OS X, I don't qualify as using anything 100%.

:rolleyes:

Except that I'm 100% Windows free! :D

I have occasional OS 9 relapses when I start to miss it....and go back to it....Then, I tire of it...and come back to X. I have been using OS X full time since before 10.1 came out, but like I said, I do have an occasional rendezvous with OS 9....It's a guilty pleasure to me.. So...technically...I had to vote no....even though I don't have OS 9 installed right now...that doesn't mean I won't install it again.

i was an early adopter and I bought the beta release. i have mixed memories here, i didn't rtfm and installed the beta on my b/w g3 with the unix filesystem .. which fragged my hd two days later!

i've been a full-time osx user for over a year and since i installed osx 10.2 on my g4, i no longer have classic, nor know where it is to install it even if i wanted to!

i bought GoLive, then Illustrator & PhotoShop, plus several other applications for osx.

osx 10.2 has yet to crash and only wobbled once [finder quit] it's what i've always wanted from my mac

I voted for "Still need Classic".
But it is more that I still have to boot into OS 9 for some hardware stuff (scanner).

Why did Apple made the new Macs non bootable in 9?
Where is no hardware reason, only reason is to annoy its customers.
Apple, I am annoyed! :mad:

I don't remember when i used 9 the last time... uh, 2 times it was because some stupid jpg's were set to be opened with something in classic .. i'm an X, i don't like the classic .. :)

Back