Are you a 'geek' or a 'creative' mac user

Are you a 'geek' or a 'creative' mac user

• Geek

• Creative Mac user

Results are only viewable after voting.
well, maybe then it's _good_ that there's no "both"-option. just click on which one is what you're _more_ ... I, personally, am a creative person _first_, geek second. Guess I'd have clicked on "both", too, though.

Hmmm... two parts geek, two parts creative, shake well and serve. Tough to make a decision when you're equally both. Suppose voting in this one won't happen for me.

BTW, fryke, early congrats on 10,000 posts! Won't be long now!

I fall somewhere in between since I'm a major geek but I'm also compose music on my iMac.

had to say geek, i have no creative talent. i only have macs because they are macs. well, that and os x is sooo much prettier than win xp.

I'm a graphic designer. I've been using Macs for designing and producing books for 17 years. Now I also use Mac for websites. It is in my interest to be familiar with the tools of my trade and to keep 'em in good working order, so I have become more familiar than many with the workings of the hardware and graphics software that I use. Does that qualify me as a demi-geek?

had to say geek, i have no creative talent. i only have macs because they are macs. well, that and os x is sooo much prettier than win xp.

Sorry re opening old post,
you say you are not creative but you use mac because of the look?
Maybe you are both??

What does appreciating something that looks good have to do with creativity?! Also, only because you're not creative wouldn't mean you're necessarily a _geek_. Gotta keep that in mind with such polls. ;)

right, you can appreciate a painting, but that doesn't mean you are creative enough to make your own paintings. On the other note if you are not sufficiently proficient in either, then I don't believe this poll is for you.

I answered geek as I use my mac (core solo mini) for its unix server capabilities and spend time more in the a commandline shell than on the GUI interface. When I buy my more powerful next mac, I will be more creative and use it for video editting.

I'd say I'm both, but I do lean more toward the Creative Mac User side of things. It keeps me working!

There's nothing at all creative about InDesign! It's like trying to paint the Mona Lisa with a 4" wide brush – clunky, crude and nasty.

Now QuarkXPress… :D

InDesign rulezzz! I'm so glad that my company rescued me from evil Quark! :p

And I'll say that to your face! As long as you pay me the ticket fare :p
Or just come over here during your holidays! I'll tell you, Ol' Man! :p

Back