Arranging two monitors

jomaan

Super Bull
I use a Mac OS X 10.1.5 in a G4/400 576Ram with Two monitors attached on it. The second display card is a IxMicro128 (I know that driver doesn't exist from OsX, I'll see 640x480 res on it) with a AppleDisplay 1710.
When I Use system preference pane Monitors, to arraging monitors works very well, I'll put 1710 at left side and Hitachi 20" on the right. But when I reboot the system this arranging returns to default positions, 1710 onto right and Hitachi on the left.
How can I fix it? Maybe it's problem that no driver for the IxMicro?
Please help it's annoying problem

thx in advance
jomaan

Have you tried zapping the PRAM? Hold down Command-Option-P-R when you power on until the computer reboots three times, then set the preferences, then try to reboot and see if they stick.

zapping PRAM! wow I forgot to try it, many thx I'll try and I'll say how it works.

thx again!

I have the same problem. Put a 32MB card in my G4 and under 10.5 it seems to forget how the monitors are arranged at times. All drivers for my monitor work and the card is brand new. I also noticed that the startup screen varies from left to right...

Unpredictable butsort of fun.

Gedankenspiel =)

Originally posted by ElDiabloConCaca
Have you tried zapping the PRAM? Hold down Command-Option-P-R when you power on until the computer reboots three times, then set the preferences, then try to reboot and see if they stick.

Hi diablo!
I tried zapping the PRAM, the result is a total disaster... let me explain… since a I zapped the PRAM the problem about arranging monitors persist, but this is not a problem now... the problem is the monitor attached to ixMicro appears in radioactive green dominant color on the screen. I remember that in OS 9 this problem solves putting "sync on green" on ixMicro control panel. But in OsX there's no panel.
I tried restarting in classic (9.2.2), and my surprise comes to my eyes, the monitor arranging is correct, the color IS CORRECT, no problems with green.
Well at this point I think the display card has been updated with "sync on green" parameter, then I reebot to OsX and sadness com to me when I see the monitor on green again!!!!!

WHAT CAN I DO!?!?!? I need to work with the second monitor, I don't need 3D acceleration but I need clear image with no radioactive green color on my screen.

thx in advance
Jomaan

You might want to try de-activating sync-on-green in OS 9, then re-activate it again. This might write the correct parameter back into the PRAM, and then try booting back into OS X to see if that fixed it.

If not, try de-activating sync on green in OS 9, then boot into OS X. Try a few combinations of this de-activating/re-activating -- it seems like it's not setting the correct parameter in the PRAM, so doing it a few times might help.

I´m new to this idea with two monitors, i´m wondering if i can connect two monitors(Not mirroring) with my G4 450

Ati rager 128 pro 16MB SVGA and DVI

Or do i need a new graphic card? :confused:

i´m thinking of buying a ATI Radeon 8500

Originally posted by uoba
You need 2 cards (factory one you already have, and a nice shiney new one!);)
...or alternately you need the "TwinView" card that Apple let's you configure some machines with. That has both an ADC (???think that's what it's calle... its a digital connector for their flat pannels) plus a plain-ol' VGA connector (for connecting any ol' monitor).

This is what I've go to use my 17" Apple flat panel and my old Compaq 17" CRT... It works great!

Here is a screen shot I took a while back...

Back