attaching alarms to birthdays

So so what, I'll tell you why: the penguin from Texas' answer is true but useless, a matter of fact answer, a non sequitur

Ofcourse, it is my own fault, because of the way I phrased my question. However, the fact that i post my question implies that am looking for a solution.

The non-flying birdlike creature from a north-american state could have tried, relying on his guts and empathy, to suggest a solution on how to attach an alarm to birthdays (e.g. by suggesting Dates to iCal - 1.0.3).

So i thank you penguin for affirming something i assumed possible.

Wait on; I'm wrong. Sorry. The new (Tiger) way of doing this does NOT allow for alarms! I used to use a third party program called "AddressBookToiCal" which made ordinary appointments on a "Birthday" calendar.

In defense of my response, you answered your own question:

You said "just like normal appointments". If you know how to add appointments to normal appointments, the process (I thought) is IDENTICAL for birthday appointments.

Obviously, that turned out to be wrong, and I retract my answer.

As an aside, I'm not a penguin, and I'm not from Texas. I'm an Australian human being.

Also, I would like to add to 27 houdini's... when you ask a question on this forum... if your parents told you how to have good manners...lol... :) the most decent thing to do in a forum after you ask a question is to say "Thank You" for the mods that are here to answer your question...

Besides... it is ElDiabloConCaca that comes from Texas...:D didnt you see his location written on the right of his username? And texanpenguin just have this username because he wants to, but he is from Australia... D'ah! ;)

well nowhere man, took you a while to think about your reply i guess...

But hey, thanks! And thank you all congeners all around the planet, thank you cows and pigs for filling my plate (not too often though), thank you fish, thank you plants

Be sure when you add contacts in Address Book, you add their birthdays.
Then, in iCal, go to Preferences, and enable 'Show Birthdays Calendar', and it will add all of the birthdays listed in your Address Book to your iCal.

Back