AV conferencing using Isight

Capgain

Registered
I do not have a buddy to communicate with in order to test out the system.

Would your group know of someone who would not mind helping me establish a linkage with them for the purpose of testing the system.

After I get the system operational, I can then bug my kids in Texas to get with AIM, so we can see our granddaughters using AV.

I will not purchased Isight, until I can communicate with a buddy.

We do have very high speed cable modem and I have a .MAC buddy name.
I have a 2004 Imac.

Any information would be appreciated.

Turn iChat on and add my name to your buddy list - maktek

then click on it to IM me and we'll talk

There are two different protocols for iChat, though: AIM and .Mac. bobw's probably using .Mac, so when you add him, be sure to select .Mac from the drop-down menu!

If your children/grandchildren use AIM, then be sure to select that when you add their buddy name to the list. To add someone to your list, just click the plus ("+") button at the bottom of the iChat window.

ElDiabloConCaca said:
There are two different protocols for iChat, though: AIM and .Mac. bobw's probably using .Mac, so when you add him, be sure to select .Mac from the drop-down menu!

If your children/grandchildren use AIM, then be sure to select that when you add their buddy name to the list. To add someone to your list, just click the plus ("+") button at the bottom of the iChat window.

Thanks for the information. However, my problem is finding a buddy to get in touch with in order to test out my system.

Can I use your name to talk to and when I get my isight camera, can I view you for the same reason. then I can bug my Dallas darlings.

Back