Azureus slow

porkchopyhg

Registered
On my computer, I am trying to get Azureus to run at the speeds my connection should allow, but I can't seem to get it to work right. It always worked fine until a few days ago, but it has been spotty since. I'm on a college campus, and I have my computer connected to the internet to the university's internet through my ethernet port. I can find my way around a computer, but I am a relatively new Mac user and when it comes to technical stuff, I'm not very experienced. Azureus will sometimes get to high speeds (150-200 KBps), but it either jumps down or slows down after a couple hours to in between 5-15. It usually doesn't pass 30 at first, however, and it still slows down. Now I know that my connection should allow for higher speeds (it does this with all torrents), but I can't get it to work. I've run the speed tests and it's usually around 500. I've also run the port test and it can't connect, and it says likely because I have NAT problems. I've only had a green face once since I got on campus, and that was when I was messing around with my IP, trying to make it go faster, but that one fizzled out too. I've checked the Azureus wiki and other sites, and I'm pretty sure I have a static IP, but after that, I'm lost. Sites say to port forward, but everywhere I've looked it seems like they are talking about with wireless routers. There is a lot of wireless on campus, but I don't have it in my room. So my real question is: Is port forwarding the answer for me? If so, how do I go about setting that up? If not, what should I do.

Azureus has been upgraded and is now called Vuze.

Don't know if that has any bearing on your problem, but upgrade yours and see for yourself.

Back