basic picture arranging program

rgentry

Registered
I'm looking for a mac application that can allow me to do basic picture and text layout work. In the past I had a windows computer and used powerpoint, it did what I wanted to do pretty well and I never needed anything more. The presentation aspect of it wasn't critical, but I could draw lines, arrange and resize pictures, do text boxes, it worked. I could just get mac office, but then I'd only be getting it for one program as I've found that neo office replaces word and excel just fine, just not powerpoint. Do you know of any stand-alone application that can do what I want it to do? I attached an example of something I used powerpoint for, I cropped a bunch of pictures and arranged them using powerpoint and it allowed me to save it as a jpeg.

Attachments

• J.jpg
    J.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 8
Keynote (from iWork) will do that. I like PrintShop, and GraphicConverter should do that, too. That's three that I have, but most any photo editing software should provide for a way to make a collage like that.

Printshop looks like what I want, but I don't see a free trial on their web site, is this a program that you recommend and find useful?

Printshop looks like what I want, but I don't see a free trial on their web site, is this a program that you recommend and find useful?
I use The Print Shop for Mac 2 and like it. However, I don't think that this is what you want. You will be better served with Pages, which like Keynote, is part of the iWork suite.

PrintShop has been around for a long time. I think I first purchased it for a Commodore 64. I have made a lot of greeting cards and signs over the years. The present generation does those things, and makes the output seem very professional (well, at least for me...) The ease of use, and variety of types of media that you can incorporate are all great. Apple sells it through their stores for about $60, I think.
If you have ever had PrintShop, then you don't need a demo. Get the MacKiev version, and not the Broderbund version.
http://www.mackiev.com/print_shop.html
They have both version 1 and 2 for sale - get version 2

Looks like it's not yet compatible with iPhoto 08, if you have that. You have to export the photos out to a folder so that Printshop can see them. If you are doing photos in some other way, then you will be good...
I will agree with MisterMe on this, your own photos seems a little clumsy with printshop (I really never tried till just now.)

Wow thanks for the keynote reference, I tried it before but it was unfamiliar and I didn't know how to use it, but now that I spent a little more time with it I found that it is exactly what I want, thanks.

Back