Being overrun by duplicate emails

sblock

Registered
have a iMac 10.5.7

Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

1. The last 4 weeks a few of my emails were presenting in my inbox in duplicate, sometimes an email might come through in triplicate.
In the first few weeks there were a few doubles now there are more than a few coming in 2s and 3s. and 4s. Its becoming ferocious.

2 Some of these e-mails are not personal emails. They are generally from forums or other websites I have subscribed to.

I called my ISP provider twice and we have done tests by my sending 2 different emails to myself. They both arrived as singles
They have sent me test emails. First one arrived as a single - about 2 hours a duplicate email arrived.

3. Duplicate emails are not from one person , but from many sources.

4. None of these emails are being sent in error as each email arrives with the same time registering the same time. Example emails that are being duplicated arrive at 6.00 in the morning and 6.00 a.m in the afternoon or evening. arrival - no matter what time of the day they arrive same time stamp / date when they come in.

5. Done a check and my internet connection is not timing out.

7. There are no rules in my mail preferences about duplicating the email.

8. My macmail has been configured to delete from the server once downloaded.

9. Yesterday In order to monitor whether the duplications/ triplications are happening on the web server first, I changed the preference to not delete emails on webmail once sent to my mac mail.

There is no doubt it is only happening once the emails hit my Mac mail as there are no duplications on the webmail.

I would be grateful for some expert to advice on how to deal with this problem.

thank you

Sue

Are you using just one email server in you email program? Here are you email account settings setup, POP or IMAP?

I don't know why you are receiving the duplicate messages but MacPilot has a setting to turn on Mail's built in "Avoid receiving duplicate messages" feature that works well and should solve your problem. I only recently discovered MacPilot, but it is rapidly reaching the status of a "must have" utilities because of its ability to activate (or deactivate) so many otherwise hidden features of OS X and the OS X applications.

First open Mail and let it snatch email. Then when it is done going out to the server, go to the menu item word "Mail" and in the drop down select "Preferences". When it pops up go through all the settings and make sure it removes email when you get it. check all the tags and make sure you are not telling it to duplicate.

Had the same trouble. Cured itself after i went to my Email server and deleted all the
messages. Seems as if some servers are sub letting their services, and it gets screwed
up for awhile.

Hullo
Couple of weeks ago I posted on the forums issues on duplicate and triplicate emails into Mac mail.

This issue has been rectified by re-setting my inbox

regards

Sue

Back