ropost

Registered
Hi every 1

I have a 15 inch powerbook
and its heavily bent

Just like that.
It started a few weeks ago on one side
(right)
small like the top part did not close properly.

Well why panic
"when i am in the city i ask the dealer" i toughs.

well all of a sudden a mega bent

the cd can not get out

So i went to the dealer

they sent it to apple
be cource of the warranty

Apple claims it is not a warranty issue
I had dropped it they say
NOT TRUE

so in sort

Is there some2 with the same sort of trouble
and what 2do??

I have apple for more than 25 years
( over more than 35 mac's)
now and never had that kind of treatment

is there anyway you can prove that it has NOT been dropped/been abused?

i'm not questioning you, you just need something to to stand up on when you are arguing with the corporation

I know that some early PowerBooks exhibited a sort of "bend" in the LCD where, when the unit was closed, the upper left and right sides of the LCD didn't "close" as far as the upper center of the screen to the lower portion of the computer, making the screen look "bowed" when it was closed. It was just that the LCD portion wasn't laying perfectly flush with the lower portion of the computer when closed.

Is this what you're experiencing? Since "heavily bent" is subjective, can you post a few photos of the problem?

@Lt Major Burns it hard to proof something did NOT happen, is it. Thanx for thought.

@ElDiabloConCaca I wish .... I did give the PB to the dealer when i "dropped by" and left it there in full confidence. They (the dealer) did not mention the drop part, so i take it that there was any reason to concern. Taking pictures is impossible now. Sorry.
Cheers ~roost

i meant, could you explain, in detail, to them, the progression of what happened over the course of the time it started to flex, details of what happened when, details of what you were doing at the time, reactions etc. is there anything about the way it has flexed to suggest it couldn't be as a result of mal-use....?

Is this what you're experiencing? Since "heavily bent" is subjective, can you post a few photos of the problem?
@ElDiabloConCaca Sorry i overlooked I mean by "heavily bent" that it that far bent that the day i did give it to the dealer . There was a dvd still inside and when we wanted to eject the dvd it did not came out. That was "funny" be course that did not happened two days be4. As i recall it was +/_ 8 mm i guess.

My girlfriend's iBook is "bent". The thing wobbles all around when sitting it on any surface. We took it to the local apple store and they were going to send it out for repair, but she needs it daily for about one more week, then she can part with it for the 3 weeks or whatever. Anyhow, she has the APP and so far there seems to be no trouble. Do you have the APP? If it is still under manf. war.I believe you can add it...would they still give you trouble then?

I know my reply isn't much help, but I think anyone experiencing similar problems should make it known! For the record, she did NOT drop her iBook. She rarely takes it with her anywhere (its used more like a desktop...go figure). Anyhow, I think it sucks how this slowly developed over about 40 days of owning it.

Man, is this common?

b16ef8300 said:
Man, is this common?

I hope not
#@b16ef8300

Sorry 4 the late response I live in Amsterdam (time dif) Thanks for the reply. I am not so lonely as they like to belief.
Sorry What is APP? I hope see can work this out. For the amount of $$ it is a shame rely. I hope Apple service is better than here in the Netherlands
If there are mote cases?? please reply. More at of curiosity.

Cheers
~ropost

A dropped book will have scratches and dents. Does your book have such spots? If not, I find it to be a great proof that you didn't drop it.

Sorry, an APP is the Apple Protection Plan...the sales people offered it to me when I bought my power book (and to my girlfriend for her iBook). We bought ours in store though, so I guess one could easily over look it if the purchase was made online. Either way, I'm almost positive that you could add it up to one year after purchase.

My brother had the same problem as you're having. It started bending around the corner and got so bad it actually would interfere with ejecting a CD.

I asked him if he did anything weird - like step on it?

He said no. That it just started bending.

This pissed me off, because I was the one who sold him on getting a PowerBook. So I questioned him more, asking him how he was carrying his PowerBook. Sure enough, he grabs the corner with one hand and lifts it up. I said, "well, that's your problem, you're putting all this pressure on the corner, causing the body to bend... you should really carry it with two hands."

My 12" PowerBook I own is also bent. I treat it like a baby. Just bends from the heat, I guess. Oh, and the Eternet port was dead. I haven't seen my PowerBook for the last four months. In service. Waiting for service. Back to service. Waiting to be picked up...bah! Oh! Sorry, didn't meant to sidetrack... :)

Back