Best iTunes Remote?

jove

I had just received my Airport express. Streaming music from our server to the laptop to the express is a bit much for the network. I would like to control the iTunes on the server from the laptop where the server is streaming directly to to express.

On version tracker there are several iTunes Remote applications using all sorts of technologies (Apple Events, Web-based, VNC, etc). Which of the products do you recommend?

Well, if you have a Bluetooth enabled phone and Mac, you could try out an app called "Romeo". Basically you open the Romeo on your iTunes Mac, connect to your phone, then on your phone open up "Accessories" (I think). You can move back and forth between songs, and some other stuff; even turn on and off the visualizer. Pretty cool.

Satcomer,

Everything is on the same network (mixture of wireline and wireless). The server with the iTunes library is downstairs. The stereo with the express is upstairs. The laptop spends most of its time upstairs on the kitchen table. Given the locations, I would like to control the server's iTunes from the laptop.

To answer your question, no the server is wireline only.

MDLarson,

The server is downstairs. The laptop will be the remote (over the network). There are many options to have one computer control another's iTunes (search versiontracker.com with "iTune's remote"). Just looking for recommendations for the software solutions.

Back