Best Photo Mac Software? iPhoto? Picasa?

CelestialStorms

Registered
Hi everyone

I'm new here...Hope I've come to the right place. I'm a model and need a powerful picture management software for mac. I was trying to read through some outdated threads here but, haven't had much luck. I have a MacBook Pro 2.5 and iPhoto doesn't have near the speed or capabilities I need to handle TB hd of photos. The only thing I have found that manages them effectively is Picasa but, I'm not interested in a cross over or parallel.

I have a Dell that uses Picasa but, the MB is specifically dedicated for photos and media and now I can't find anything to organize them properly.

Please help! I have duplicates coming out my ears...
OSX Software suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks.

Happy Holidays...
::love::
-*C
::angel::

For professional photo management with color correction capabilities and such, I have found Apple's own Aperture indispensable. It's like iPhoto on steroids, and, if you already have a ton of photos in iPhoto, Aperture will import them easily:

http://www.apple.com/aperture

Also, Adobe makes Lightroom, which is similar to Aperture. I've heard good things about both, so it may be a matter of downloading the trials of each and finding out which works best for you. Adobe's Lightroom can be found here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom/

Thanks Jeff

I will take your advice and check them out, I am familiar with lightroom. I generally use Photoshop for editing and colorizing so I really need more of a fast loading, thumbnail sorting organization tool. That way I can sort different sizes of the same photo into various folders....

Thanks for the help!

-*C

Everything I've tried moves so slow from the file sizes. Picasa take a second but, at least it works...Any other suggestions for fast loading photo organizing? Thanks..

Let me explain. You see, a while back I was forcibly converted to the Mac at work. At first I complained. A lot. But later it grew on me. Now, even though I hate to admit it, I have to say I actually prefer the Mac for most computing operations. One of the things that I did not enjoy, however, was the pathetic iPhoto software which was pretty much the only game in town for Mac users… until today.

Okay, Apeture is great, iphoto is great for small time use, picasa is crap, and if your looking for a professional app then go for Adobes lightroom. To extend, Apeture is a newer app by Apple focused at the professional photographers, and as I hear it works great. iPhoto is useful and lossless, but gets very cluttered and it becomes hard to find photos over time. Picasa is not lossless, and will drastically cut down the quality of your work, even when you tell it not too. And it flat out sucks for anything besides sharing photos with friends or ebay. And last but not least, Lightroom is the bomb, it incorporates everything you need to copywriting, and adjusting light levels, to separate folders and sub folders, to grouping, and a favorites or star system. You can even delete all of the photos you dont want by going through them and giving them 1 star, and then clicking delete all 1 star's. Great app altogether.

I try the iphoto11 using this with the external HD 1T, and I disable the import item and copy item to the library, this case I can open iphoto11 and see the preview.
But the main problem that I do not like iphoto is that it cannot delete the original photos, it can only del from the library only, but that do not help me in photo management.
I try Picasa, at least it can move and delete the photo easily.
I will try lightroom too.
Any one has any suggestion for photo management and edit software?
thanks.

Photoshop elements 9 has a nice organizer and costs about $85.

Also look at Lyn, an organizer for $20.

Celestial---you might try BRATTOO's duplicate & thumbnail annihilator. It works quite well for me ! $7.99---it does all the mundane work of removing duplicates and thumbnail duplicates and it works in the background.
BRATTOO.COM AND DOWNLOAD. works very smoothly.
DICKSTER-----

Back