• Chimera

• Mozilla

• OmniWeb

• Internet Explorer

• Netscape Communicator

• Other...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mozilla.

Now that I've used it for several days, I couldn't live without it. Very tempted to just trash IE but I'm afraid I may need it for something some day.

why Mozilla?

I downloaded it, but i don't really see anything that spectacular about it. I love omniweb cuz of the anti-aliasing and spell checking....

I'd have to say OmniWeb. While Mozilla is faster and is MUCH more compatible with the standards (JavaScript, Flash, CSS, etc), I can't stand Mozilla's interface. OW is much more Aqua-ish, and its bookmarks and download manager are far better than Mozilla's. I mean, come on, multiple download windows? Even in 9 that would be unacceptable, since IE has always had a one-window download manager.

OW does get pretty slow at times, but for the most part, it's not that bad.

Sometimes I feel like I have to use Mozilla because OW's support for web standards is SO bad, but then I immediately go back to OW because of Mozilla's horrible interface. :)

Adam

Edit: Forgot about Anti-aliasing. Mozilla's text looks horrible. :)

Why Mozilla?

unlearnthetruth: It's because Mozilla offers the fastest and most accurate page rendering on Mac OS X. Load a table-heavy page at all your browsers Mozilla will load it the fastest and scroll it the smoothest. The Mach-O builds of Mozilla are even faster, but plugins don't work yet and downloading isn't supported. When the Chimera guys get 0.2 working, Chimera will be probably be THE number 1 browser in my book.

Originally posted by starfleetX
Why Mozilla?

unlearnthetruth: It's because Mozilla offers the fastest and most accurate page rendering on Mac OS X. Load a table-heavy page at all your browsers Mozilla will load it the fastest and scroll it the smoothest. The Mach-O builds of Mozilla are even faster, but plugins don't work yet and downloading isn't supported. When the Chimera guys get 0.2 working, Chimera will be probably be THE number 1 browser in my book.

I agree with you about the speed and page rendering, but smooth scrolling??
Is it just me, or is Mozilla's scrolling REALLY freakin' slow? Is it just my computer? On mine, Mozilla's scrolling is much worse than OW and IE.

Adam

The only reason I go into IE is to view Windows Media files .. if they could work the plugin into Mozilla I'd be a happy man.

I'll also be a happy man when Chimera becomes good enough to be my new default browser. ;)

Mozilla with the Modern theme rocks.

The app is very slow though, however the page loading is quite fast. I prefer Mozilla but I do miss antialiasing. Mozilla's download system also really sucks... WHEN IS CHIMERA 0.2 coming out? That WiLL be the best browser by far. When Chimera hits 1.0... oh, man.

Mozilla with the Modern theme rocks.

The app is very slow though, however the page loading is quite fast. I prefer Mozilla but I do miss antialiasing. Mozilla's download system also really sucks... WHEN IS CHIMERA 0.2 coming out? That WiLL be the best browser by far. When Chimera hits 1.0... oh, man.

ugh, I don't like the modern theme. Looks way too hokey, definately not like it belongs on a Mac. As for the download manager, yeah it blows.

bluefusion, download the pinstripe theme... (I can't find the link now, it was on another thread though). Its much nicer then modern or classic. More aquaish then both.

I am dying for chimera! Its going to rock at 0.2 and higher :)

I love iCab, after that, I would have to say either omniweb or opera. I am not a netscape or Mozilla fan, sorry.

As recently as a couple of weeks ago, I would have voted for Mozilla. But recent OmniWeb Sneaky Peeks are much faster than previous builds. And the appearance, spellchecking, and ability to use Services clinch the deal.
If the question had been which browser has the most potential, however, I would have voted for Chimera.

I really like Omniweb a lot, but it is very slow in my mac and have some bugs. Besides, it is not fully compatible with all the standards, but I think it has a great future.
However, I voted for IE because I use it more, it´s faster and more compatible.
I would have voted netscape or mozilla if they were in spanish.

Back