Beta Testing Anyone?

Wasn't there a post about system-wide windowshading here? Could've sworn I read such in this thread last night... maybe the crack is too rich for my blood. Anyway, there's a new app that purports to allow windowshading, from the ppl who brought you shadow killer. Check it at: <a href="http://www.unsanity.com/haxies.php" target=haxies>http://www.unsanity.com/haxies.php</a>

Hello!

I just upgraded to OS 10.1! Problem is, I have a 2400baud connection and can't download a 100+ MB file. Would someone be so kind as to send me a copy of the 10.1 compatible developer tools :( ? Once I get a copy I will work on making a 10.1 optimized version of PowerText. If you are willing to send me a copy please email me.

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

Albert

Hello!

I have just finished version 0.2 of PowerText. Looks like the final release is not that far off! Anyway, I have added a new feature, you can now have PowerText read the selected text to you! This is similiar to the feature in SimpleText and is one feature that TextEdit does not have! I have also optimized this version for use with OS 10.1.

Also in v0.2: Some new icons for the toolbar and application, toolbar has been removed from top of screen and placed in document window, toolbar print button is now enabled, about panel resizing problem fixed, document window resizing and printing problem fixed.

You can download PowerText v0.2 here. I was not able to post it as an attachment because it is 120K but you can download it from my FTP server.

Have a great day and enjoy!

Albert

Hello!

:eek: Seems like I connected that button to my speakText: action instead of the stopTextSpeech: action. Thank you for letting me know!

Have a great day!

Albert

Hello!

You can check out the design I will be using at http://www.myfamilycenter.org/appletreesw/ Give me feedback about the design, I made it from scratch so there are sure to be some things that could be done better.

Well, the new forums are not stable. Please continue posting on this site (the Admin has assured me that he thinks this is OK).

Have a great holiday season!

Albert

Hello!

Hey, no one has been responding to my posts recently. Hopefully this is good news and means that there are no more bugs! :D

Anyway, the next major release of PowerText is not that far ahead. I thought I would attach a snapshot of what I have currently done in it. I am totally redesigning it (as you may see). I have added Finder-like toolbars (thanks to Matthew Boatman for the suggestion), a dynamic font menu (thanks to the many people who suggested this), a dynamic window menu (like in Internet Explorer), a bug reporting center and more! I have also made this more cross-platform compatible by saving files in formatted text mode instead of my own special formatting, and adding an export as PDF file option (I will also have export as Word file and more) I'm excited and I hope everyone else is as well.

You may check out current snapshot here [ SORRY, NO LONGER AVAILABLE DUE TO SERVER PROBLEMS ] (remember this is a preview and all feature are not implemented!)

PLEASE!! I desperatly need more suggestions! I have been busy implementing all the features I can think of but I need more suggestions no matter how small.

Thank you all so much for all your help so far, this piece of software has gone from a peice of junk to something someone might consider using!

Albert

v1.0b3 is released!

Here we go again! PowerText has just gotten bigger and better, check out version 1.0b3 at the following URL:

[ SORRY, NO LONGER AVAILABLE DUE TO SERVER PROBLEMS ]

Have a great day and have fun!

Albert

I remember doing that in ProDOS! That was back in the day. he labled the first line as "2", in which he printed the word "thank". After that line executes, the next line tells the program to go back to the line labeled "2" and as you can see, that means infinfetly many (or until you reach a stack overflow) "thank"'s will be printed to the screen... although I wonder what happened to the "you"..?

HTH,
F-bacher

Update:

PowerText beta 4 is coming soon. Zots: you or anyone else want the code for the beta 2 release? I will be posting it as soon as I finish beta 4 since I am using a whole new language! Yes, the code I am posting was done in Project Builder and will show you how to do some simple stuff like sheets as well as some pretty cool stuff like the WindowShade feature everyone loved so much. If you would like this please go to http://appletreesw.community.everyone.net/ and make a post letting me know. You do not need to register (just enter your name in the username field and leave the password blank) but this will let me know that you want it so I do not waste space on my server.

Attached to this message is a screenshot of what has happened so far on the next release (sorry about the numberous toolbar changes, I think I finally found one that works and we will stick with the one coming in the next release.

Have a great day!

Albert

Hello,

Well, I have some rather bad news. For some reason the whole project file containing the code for PowerText wiped itself clean right as I was to release beta 4 and I lost everything. I will be redesigning this app from scratch so it may take me a few months.

Have a great day,

Albert

Hello,

I may move back to Cocoa, just depends on how much my brain will cooperate. Maybe I will build a Cocoa version for OS X and an OS 9 and Windows version with RB. I will think about this.

Have a great day,

Albert

Hello!

Just thought I should update everyone on what is going on. My whole project file got wiped out somehow so now I am forced to rewrite everything. But there IS good news. From now on PowerText will be developed in Cocoa.

So, every week I will post you what I have done so far on the application:

1.) Window Shade is back! And you do not even need to have WindowShadeX installed!
2.) NEW! Styles and font info are not attached to the main window in a drawer (see attached picture)
3.) NEW! Stylish buttons are here. I have made my own aqua-like buttons that I think are much better then boring flat ones (see attached picture)

That is it for this week, feel free to post any suggestions you may have for features.

Have a great day!

Albert

Hello!

I just wanted to let you know that some of the links to snapshots and stuff on this thread (the ones that are not attachments) do not work because of some server problems I have been having. Sorry about this, I am working to getting the AppleTree Software website back up.

Have a great day!

Albert

Back