Big applications when built?

ksuther

Registered
Why is it that any app I build is always a meg? All other cocoa apps I see are much smaller, but ANYTHING I make is a meg. How do I fix this? :-/

Probably debug info. Under the Targets tab, select the Deployment option for Build Styles, then do a clean and build. That should cut out lots of extraneous debug symbols and such.

In the active target, under build settings, there is a blurb that says "When building for installation (using 'pbxbuild install -target Target_name' in a Terminal window), the settings below will be used." I have found that if in this tab I deselect the generate debugging symbols checkbox and change optimization to "More optimized, less debuggable", then clean and use the above terminal command, the file size (on one of my applications) drops from around 1MB to about 300K. The above may work when using the Project builder build buttons as well, I don't recall if I tried it or not.

Hmm, I'll try cleaning it, thanks, I'll tell you when I install DevTools on this computer. I had to send my tibook in for repairs, and this Wall Street 350 is a bit slower :(

Back