bin files

leema

Registered
i have folder with bin and cue files in it.folder has very valuable info for me.as i guess its a cd.how should i open it or convert it to the extention that i could burn or mount.thanks for the help

If you want a free solution, check out FireStarter FX.

By the way, Toast can also mount bin files directly, without burning first. I find that very useful.

As far as I know, Toast does not mount .bin/.cue files -- at least it doesn't on my computer. The only option I have is to burn them, then mount the resulting disk I made.

Mikuro -- how do you get Toast to mount .bin/.cue files? There's no "mount" button like there is with other kinds of image files...

Come to think of it, it's possible that Toast can only mount plain bins, not bin/cue pairs. I don't have any to test with at the moment. I've always mounted bins using Toast's "Disk Image" section, but it also has a separate option for Bin/Cue files, and I don't see a Mount button there. (Edit: just like ElDiablo said. We posted at the same time.)

Anyway, here's how to mount plain bins:

1. Click the Copy icon at the top of the Toast window.
2. In the drawer, click on the "Disk Image" button (if the drawer isn't visible, click the little blue arrow button at the left of the window).
3. Drag your bin file into the Toast window, and click the Mount button.

Back