Black frame around clicked icons / other elements

reformed_winboy

Registered
Hi All,

First time poster.

Got a weird problem with a 24" iMac running 10.4.7 when an icon is clicked on the desktop a black border appears.

The same black border appears on other dialogs such as the log out confirmation. (see attached)

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Picture 1 crop.png
    Picture 1 crop.png
    88.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Picture 2 crop.png
    Picture 2 crop.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 5
This question comes up once every two weeks here. I dare to say YOU created the problem by hitting the shortcut Command Key(Apple Key)+Shift+8. Then goto System Preferences->Universal Access and click on "Zoom", First turn "Zoom" off . Also turn the border off in "Options".

Happened to me a few weeks ago... freaked me right out, so I did a quick search here on the forum...and yes, it's just what Satcomer describes above.
Easy fix, but worrisome first time it happens ;-)

Hi, thanks for the very quick reply Satcomer. Using some different keywords in my searches in these forums I found a solution to use Command-F5 which resolved the issue for me. I wasn't able to repeat the fault with those accessibility options you mentioned.

Make sure you take the Keyboard combination out of your Mac by going to System Preferences->Keyboard & Mouse->Keyboard Shortcuts tab and turn off the Keyboard combination by taking out the check mark.

Back