Bluetooth KVM?

Go3iverson

Registered
Is there such a thing, or a way to fake it well? :)

I figure, I have my iMac G5 and my PowerBook G4 with BlueTooth and an Apple BT keyboard and mouse. I have a 64bit PC I wouldn't mind bringing in on that and possibly another G5 tower in the future. :)

I don't mind the multiple monitors, but I only have one nice place to hide my keyboard and mouse!

What's wrong with a regular wired KVM? You really don't like wires don't you? They do make KVMs that replicate USB connections, so you're not limited to PS/2 crap, if that's what you're worried about.

No practical solution with BlueTooth (or any other wireless keyboard/mouse setup for that matter). Each time you would move to a different computer, you would need to 're-discover' your Bluetooth devices, as the technology provides connection to just one pair (computer-and-device is a pair) at a time. Each device needed must be re-paired to the new system each time you switch. Standard wireless might work, if the wireless receiver will work when attached to the KVM ? ?, then the KVM would be wired to each computer.

Back