Bluetooth uses

ziomatrixacs

Registered
So, I went ahead and bought the new Iphone 3g software for my ipod. I have an ancient ibook now, and had to buy a blue tooth dongle for it. It works, but I dont see a use for it yet. I dont know too much about BT, but I hear is supposed to be useful. What can I do with it? After it said I set it up right, I tried connecting with my ipod but it wont for some odd reason unless if i need itunes or an app to use it.

Bluetooth is simply a device-to-device, short-range network. You can do things with bluetooth like use a Bluetooth headset to communicate on Skype, use a bluetooth headset with your iPhone, or "tether" a cell phone to a laptop so that the laptop can use the phone's internet connection (currently not possible with the iPhone/iPod touch, but is slated to be available in September).

Right now, you can "pair" (the act of making one bluetooth device aware of another) an iPhone or iPod touch to a Mac OS X machine, but beyond that, it's useless -- you can't transfer files, you can't "tether" (yet), and you can't do much of anything at all.

What, precisely, were you looking to do with your bluetooth dongle?

well im not sure what it was used for. I heard bluetooth was just real useful so I bought the dongle and the upgrade to see what the hype was about. If blue tooth on the ipod was such a big deal, it must be useful. I guess I have to wait for the apps to come out to use it. Pretty much bought it out of curiousness.

How do get my bluetooth connected to my blackberry to enable me to listen to my audio recordings on it? The bluetooth works great with the phone part, but I thought that I could use it in the same way as my headphones. But I cannot seem to make the bluetooth work when I play my audio. I am frustrated. Please help. Thanks everyone.
_________
asian matrimonial

Last edited:
Back