Boot Camp Starting

cjp3226

Registered
The problem I'm having is with starting Boot Camp. I am using an iMac, (2007 17" running Leopard OS X), which had OS X crash recently. It was to the point where OS X wouldn't boot, but if I waited long enough, Boot Camp would start automatically and I could use XP and everything associated with it perfectly.

I had to resort to restoring everything from a recent Time Machine back-up and then all was well with OS X, however now I can't use Boot Camp/XP. I try to start holding Option...nothing, I even tried using the disk utility and designating the Boot Camp disk as my start-up disk...still nothing. I can open the Boot Camp disk that is on my OS X desktop and access all my files on it, (mainly PDFs and other docs/spreadsheets. Do I need to start again with Boot Camp, or can I bring it back?

Thanks,
CJ.

While in Windows use the Boot Camp control panel and choose the OS x partiton to restart into. However when the Mac restarts hold down the keys 'command button+s) until you see a black screen with white lettering. This is Single-User Mode. Then you can do a fsck -fy and try to use Unix line to try to repair the disk.

Then to get out of Single-User Mode just type the word: reboot
This will then boot you back into normal OS X.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
I am able to use OS X, but unable to use Boot Camp/Windows. So do I just start OS X in single user mode then follow the fsck –fy Apple support article? I already tried to repair it using Disk Utility on my OS X disk, however, it verified the disk and there was nothing to repair, (I ran "repair disk" though, just to be sure.)

I still can't get Boot Camp to start when I turn on my Mac. I hold the option key, the two volume choices show, then when I choose Boot Camp/Windows, it locks-up and sits on that screen.

Thanks again,
CJ.

Back