Bootcamp and Leopard Drivers

JayAD

Registered
Hi Guys

I have the an Intel iMac that has always run Leopard. I used Bootcamp to install Windows Professional SP2. The install went fine, then I put the Leopard DVD into the drive to get the drivers onto Windows. Alas, it came up as a blank DVD with no setup.exe, autoplay is turned on, no files on the DVD. I know it has both mac and windows files on it and that the apple support page suggests I may have something called, MacDrive, which prohibits me from seeing Windows files. Unfortunately I do not and right clicking on the drive to select View Windows Files, is not an option.

I do not want to download torrent drivers as I have the proper ones on my legal copy of OS X Leopard. How do I:

1. Get Windows to recognize my Leopard DVD so I can get the drivers.
2. See Windows files while in OS X on the Leopard DVD so I can copy it from the DVD in OS X onto my mac desktop and as I formatted it as FAT32, I can copy the files from OS X onto my partitioned Windows folder.

Thanks

Jay

When I installed Windows it automatically boots up in Windows for you. Ejected Windows install CD and put in Leopard but Leopard DVD didn't show up. Have reinstalled, repartitioned, still no sign of Leopard DVD when booted in Windows. It recognizes it when I boot up in Mac OS X but no Windows files can be seen.

Here's some information for getting at the disk image with the Windows drivers on your Leopard DVD.
http://alacatialabs.com/2008/01/17/boot-camp-drivers-from-os-x/

Is it possible that you are using a burned copy of a Leopard disk?
If the copy was not burned properly, you may have lost the Windows partition from the DVD image.

Hey, thanks for the link, I will see if I can grab the drivers from a dmg of Leopard, but the article is a little techno speak and even though I am quite computer literate, that article was a bit confusing on it's directions. And no, it is the DVD I got when I purchased my mac with Leopard on it. Nice and shiny and new.

It is a BT version of Windows though, so maybe that is where the problem lies...

Here's another possibility.
It seems to be a Windows problem, and you have to download the hotfix for that. So, you have to connect to the internet, and load all the updates, until your problem is fixed.
Question remains - how do you connect to the internet when you don't have the drivers installed?
Anyway, here's the article - http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=6695503

You may find out that this forum does not support using illegally obtained software.

Another possibility, is to use a working PC with Windows that can see the ISO partition on your DVD disk.

Back