bootcamp help please

firman

Registered
Hi,

Started installing bootcamp, but I have had trouble with the first step, which is to create the Mac Driver CD. I get a message

"Burn Disc in: No Devices Available"

I have a new Macbook with a superdrive - I have been able to burn a DVD with the device so I am at a loss as to how to resolve this issue.

Any help appreciated.

Have you burned a CD yet? Of course, the driver CD would be on a CD-R, and not a DVD-R.
I would first restart the MacBook before continuing, and try to burn the drivers disk again. The failure to burn the driver CD does not prevent you from continuing with the re-partioning of your drive, and installing WinXP.
You can save the drivers to a folder now, instead of burning to a CD, and just run the drivers install after you get Windows up and running.

So, you are doing both Parallels and Bootcamp installs? Just asking for Windows troubles ? :)

Hi Deltamac,

Thanks for your reply. I dont intend to keep both parallels and bootcamp going. I would prefer to use parallels as I have already bought it, but as you have noticed I have a few issues to resolve with comms.

cheers
eric

Parallels is still being improved, so make sure you have the latest version, which is only a couple of weeks old.
here's a link - http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/29555

I don't have any problems with Parallels/windows and Airport. Just open the wireless network connection window which should be available at the right end of the taskbar, and choose your network, whatever it might be.
I don't have any ideas about the Bluetooth, but I think you should be able to get that to work, too.

Back