Bridging timecapsule to network

christerp1

Registered
After moving the apartment I have too long distance from the only broadband plug to my study.

I have timecapsule, which I would need for my printer and other devices, but cannot wire it to the plug.

I know I can buy AirPort Express, but how do I bridge the incoming network from AE to Time Capsule?

In addition to Mac I have also a WinXP PC, which is connected to Time Capsule, and currently the setup is working, and would not like to break it.

rgds

It is a lot easier than you think when using the same wireless frequency/security when using two Apple products. Just with the time Capsule airport Utility just look at the tabs to find the check mark box to extended the network. In the airport express setup just use Airport Utility to find the Express and have it join the Time Capsule wireless network (WDS extending). Just use Airport Utility to find the Express and match to join the Time Capsule network.

I tried hard, but could not make it.

The problem is:
- I have Time Capsule, which is connected to DSL line, but is not in my study, and the DSL line location is not available in my study
- I want to move Time Capsule to my study to connect printer, scanner and other devices to it
- I bought Airport Express, and tried to plug it into the DSL and have it wirelessly bridge to Time Capsule

I just could not make it happen. Would you be able to give me detailed instructions how to do it, what are the options. Or should I just reset both devices and begin to build the network from ground up starting with Airport Express first connected to DSL?

thx

Back