Bringin' up the recording streaming video topic again...

RyanLang

Charlie Brown
Don't hate me, but I did a lot of searching around the forums for information on truly saving Quicktime streaming video and all I could find was really old stuff. So, I was wondering if anyone knows anything about how to either save or record streaming video for (in my case) the purpose of saving/archiving the apple keynotes...Yeah I know, you're heard it all asked before, but I haven't been able to find any real progress on this topic. Please, lets not get confused about caches, I'm talkin' true streaming video here. I know there's some good software on the PC for recording streaming video, but I can't find anything for mac. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks - Ryan

This reply is probably waaaay to late for you, but the easiest way to save a video stream in Safari is to open the Activity window and look for the .mov file (or whatever) and Option–double-click it. ;)

Frida,

For "streaming" video? I don't think so. We're not talking a static .mov file that is sitting there as a file, we're talking a file that is buffered and played...

Back