Broken Fusion Drive

Matsaki

Registered
My wife that is studying in another country has my old MBP 2012 that I gave to her. I took out the optical and put 1 SSD and 1 normal hard drive and made a fusion. All worked fine. The last day I was there I was going to fix some stuff on the computer and noticed some problems.

I later found out that the fusion drive has problems. She has OS 10.11.0 and no updated where coming in app store. I went to download the full combo update, but it could not be installed as the installer did not accept the hard drive. And Safari was crashing all the time.

So now she's using Google Chrome and can't do any updates. When I start the computer with alt I can see 2 hard drives with the same name. So I really don't know what to do?

More info when the computer crashes.

"QuickLookSatellite quit unexpectedly."

Crash report attached.

Attachments

• Crash report.txt
    72.7 KB · Views: 2
My wife that is studying in another country has my old MBP 2012 that I gave to her. I took out the optical and put 1 SSD and 1 normal hard drive and made a fusion. All worked fine. The last day I was there I was going to fix some stuff on the computer and noticed some problems.

I later found out that the fusion drive has problems. She has OS 10.11.0 and no updated where coming in app store. I went to download the full combo update, but it could not be installed as the installer did not accept the hard drive. And Safari was crashing all the time.

So now she's using Google Chrome and can't do any updates. When I start the computer with alt I can see 2 hard drives with the same name. So I really don't know what to do?

I used a post in another forum here that will work to create a good fusion drive in 10.9 to 10.11x

Back