Browser font problem ?

Aleks_K

Registered
HI,

I have a problem with font's in browser the same problem is in Safari and Firefox.
The font is change to some very dificult style for reading. I've been trying to repair the font's with reinstall them but no sucsees was made. I have a question where is hidden the font or system whitch applaying the style font in browser? For better understanding what is a problem, I stick the screen shoot wiht that strange font style. If enyone has a solution please tell me...:)

Picture%201.jpg

Thanks
Best regards, Aleks

You MAY have already done this, but when I upgraded to 10.5 got the security/stuff upgrade to 10.5.5 . . . my fonts were wrong for both FF and Safari as well. I noticed this as I upgraded via Software Update.

Before panicking, I ran the base repairs of Cocktail--Onyx is a great free program . . . and repaired permissions.

And waited.

And waited.

Repairing permissions in Leopard takes a lot longer than in Tiger. Nevertheless, after restart . . . voila!

Hope that helps.

--J.D.

I've downloaded and install program coctail run the pemissions disk repair, wait a few minutes and then restart the mac. Start FF and Safati and ugly fonts are still there..... ?

Thanks

What fonts do you have set for serif and sans-serif display in those browsers? Have you loaded any fonts into your system lately, either directly or through font-management software such as FontBook, Suitcase or FontExplorer X?

Try disabling all the fonts you have added, log out and back in see if that makes a difference.
(If it does, keep adding fonts 1/2 of them at the time until you find the faulty one/s)

Giaguara : :):):):) THANK YOU! I didnt know it that is possible to do this operation in osx. Now I find the font witch was makeing problems and first disabling them and the remove that font and now working without problems.....:)

Thanks a lot!
Best regards Aleks

Glad to help Aleks :)
Sometimes there are people who have thousands of fonts installed, and the system gets slow, or they get unusual fonts... it can take a bit of time to find the guilty font but taking 50 % of the each time is probably the best approach.

Back