Browser is sooo slow!! (MAC OS X)

OllieCat

Registered
Hello, I am a new MAC user. I bought a MAC Book PRO about 2 months ago, and it's been running geat until last night. Both Safari and Firefox3 are having trouble loading pages, and when I go to youtube....forget about it! I have to wait 5 or more minutes for the vidoes to load so that I can watch it without interuption. Because I'm so new to the operating system, I don't really know who to begin to troubleshoot the problem. Please help!! Thanks in advance!

OLLIECAT--MISTERME IS right about isps but you might try going to preferences of each and do a " refresh" of each; this might help.
Dickster----------------------------------------

You might try going to preferences of each and do a " refresh" of each; this might help.

Dickster, by this do you mean a reinstall (sorry...I'm a little slow). I guess it could be an ISP problem. I hope you're right! MACs aren't cheap!! Thanks for the input, guys. I really appreciate your help.

Last edited:
I think (s)he was refering to reseting Safari and/or Firefox back to default settings.

To do this on safari go to 'Safari' --> 'Reset Safari' then check all the boxes and click 'Reset'. Be aware this removes all your history, stored passwords for internet sites.. etc..

Sorry i used refresh on the isp's. Madeline you are correct-reset not refresh is proper procedure.
Dickster----------------------------

Looks like the problem was actually a failing router. Now that we've replaced it, we're back in business. Thanks again! I learned a lot from this exchange. These forums are really great!

Looks like the problem was actually a failing router. Now that we've replaced it, we're back in business. Thanks again! I learned a lot from this exchange. These forums are really great!

What the speed of the new router? 10MB (Ca5), 100MB(CAT5e), 1000MB(CAT6e)? Did you change out the cables for the new router (if needed)?

Back