Bug In Boot ???

ggkameleon

Registered
hi ! I have buy a new mac mini 2012 with Hd 500 and I have a mini 2009 with SSd 500.
I change the Ssd in the mini 2012 and the Hd in the 2009.

The mini 2012 run good. But the mini 2009 when I start "boot" don't have the Apple logo and progress bar in grey screen but just black screen and go to my session with password?

I reset smc and pram but nothing ? I make an Hard test but nothing !?

I don't know what is the problem ? Can help me please !!

Sounds like the OS did not install right on the mini 2009. Did you try reinstalling OS X?

Thank You. Yes I reinstall after put the HD 500 (mini 2012 i5) in the 2009. But that more difficult because I can't boot with Alt ? I do go to Preferences and choose the boot usb key (Diskmaker) and I reinstall os x Yosemite. In the install I have the green screen and the progress bar ! But after installing when I boot black screen and go directly to my session login ?
I perhaps have a solution ? The problem comes with the "kernel start up 32/64 installing in the 2009 core2duo before I change the SSD for the HD ? I have installing Refit for double boot (I know it's not the same action) but I reboot and my mini run with the green screen and progress bar ???
I have a clone of my system make before the remplacement ! And i use super duper to clone my system and it's work ???
I want now make a clean install because i don't want this system but I'm afraid if I make a clean install perhaps don't work again ???
But my problem comes the Efi boot ???

What do you know ?

Sorry for my langage I'm french :)

Do you have another problem, in addition to your unusual black screen boot?

This is only on your 2009, which now has a hard drive installed, is that correct? The 2012, with an SSD, boots as you expect (with an alt boot select screen if you need it?)
I would suggest that you should back up the hard drive to an external. Then erase, and install whatever version of OS X that you run on that 2009, then restore your files and apps from your backup.
That's your next step if you have already tried a reinstall.

Or, if the EFI boot is your only question - you could choose to work with that.
Is it a work-stopping problem for you?

Do you have another problem, in addition to your unusual black screen boot?
Yes I have just see an another problem ! My screen don't sleep correctly don't have screen saver and don't wakup after I click anywhere ! I do to restart.

This is only on your 2009, which now has a hard drive installed, is that correct? The 2012, with an SSD, boots as you expect (with an alt boot select screen if you need it ?
Yes exactly just the 2009 with HD 500

I would suggest that you should back up the hard drive to an external. Then erase, and install whatever version of OS X that you run on that 2009, then restore your files and apps from your backup.
That's your next step if you have already tried a reinstall.

I do this and post you after thank you

Or, if the EFI boot is your only question - you could choose to work with that.
Is it a work-stopping problem for you?

No it's not a problem for me but It's not normal and the mini is not stable

Yes if I understant for reinstall ?
I have a backup of my systeme mini 2009 make before change SSD to Hd and I have the Dvd install when I buy this mini 2009 Snow leopard. But my backup are Yosémite.
I start with my External Hd (clone) and I erase my Hd that right ? And I install Yosemite or Snow Leopard ? I can download Yosémite in my clone External Hd and make a clean install ! And them restore my App ?
You know there are a good install ? Perhaps I do to install Snow leopard for this mini because it's the system of this mini and them upgrade to Yosémite ???

If you prefer to not go back to Snow Leopard, then you should backup your existing Yosemite drive.
Download the current Yosemite installer app from your App Store/Purchases tab.
Don't run the app when it finishes downloading. Quit the installer, then create a bootable flash drive on an 8GB USB flash drive.
There's various sites that give good instructions to do that. You can also use the good app DiskmakerX , which makes the process simple.

If your backup is good, boot to your newly created flash drive.
Run Disk Utility, and remove the partitions, making just one partition.
Quit Disk Utility, and continue with the OS X install.
When that completes, you will be forced to restart, then the user setup begins. Choose to use your backup to import your files and settings.
Wait for that to complete (may be the longest process) - and your mini should be working OK now.

Thank you very much ;-)
I go now make this install !!! And post you later if is good ?
I hope it'll work. Thank's

I don't what is the problem but my mini tomorrow work perfectly with an old display screen 1024x1080 but when I boot to day for reinstall the boot again black screen !!! And again my display screen 1024x768 ??? And all is big in the screen.. Perhaps my Nvidia 9400 are break ? Why don't see in Hard Test ?
I download Yosemite and make a clean install but if don't work I stop this mini are break :-(

How is the display connected to your mini?

Can you also try the alternate video connection?
The 2009 will have both MiniDVI, and Mini DisplayPort
Your 2012 has HDMI and Mini DisplayPort.
Try your 2009 using the other port.

Yes i just finished the clean install ! I erase my Hd (option security 3) I am to get wifi password.

which is odd when installing from my usb boot screen is normal (gray logo progress bar)

I connect the 2009 and 2012 with mini display port to Vga. I test with my other computer screen and other mini display port and cable vga in 2009 but the same.
Why not because before changing Hd, I connected the 2009 with mini display to DVI to my 24 "Full Hd. But the cable is break after change Hd, when I tried to connect to my new Mini 2012 screen was turning purple! I recovored cable mini display port to vga.
Yes I just buy a minidvi to vga 2$ it is not excessive ! maybe the cable mini display to DVI damaged display port connector of my mini 2009 ?

There are no diagnostic tools that I could download software that checks the type motherboard, cpu, Gpu, connectors ?

Thank you a lot for you support

Hello! I do not know if it'll come in time ? But on returning this afternoon I completed the installation. I was stop in wifi login.
So I have not entered my Apple ID and really made a clean install and don't backup anything ! A really clean install.
At start my resolution display screen are 1024x768 !!! :-(
So I repaired permissions Disk System and rebooted and there my mac mini 2009 began with the Apple logo and progress bar ??? Then returned to the resolution1920x1080 !!! Great...
I do not know if it'll fit in time ???
But if it really want to thank you greatly ;-)

Hi ! Just for information. The boot run good log etc.. Now.
But sometimes the wakup screen saver don't work and the resolution change ? go 1920X1080 TO 1024x768 I don't know why ?
I stay to receive the mini dvi to test ? Thank you

Back