Bullring Apple Store (Birmingham, UK) - Opens 29/4/05

Nice, now a more southern store would be cool.

But I think it's only fair to give our European neighbours a chance to go to an Apple store easily.

Have you been to the Regent Store?

Same here, it is nice, but gets boring quickly. Couldn't really do much, for some reason I was expecting a lot more.

Timmargh said:
I'd consider going to the opening but there's bound to be hundreds of people ... :(

That is half the fun. I met my MUG (Macintosh User Group) waiting for an Apple store to open. Stop being a geek and get your butt outside and meet fellow Mac users.

Regent St opening was fun ... :D If any of you guys (& gals) go to Birmingham opening, take a lot of pictures, and post a link. ;)

Convert said:
Nice, now a more southern store would be cool.

But I think it's only fair to give our European neighbours a chance to go to an Apple store easily.

Have you been to the Regent Store?

Coming from Newcastle, UK, Id say that Birmingham is pretty far south! But then, to me, everywhere south of the Tyne is south (ie most of England :)). Itd be nice to have more Apple stores UK (and Europe, and world) wide....

Didn't go to the opening but popped in today and was well impressed (when I actually got past the thronging crowd to look at stuff that is!) :cool:

ged3000 said:
Coming from Newcastle, UK, Id say that Birmingham is pretty far south! But then, to me, everywhere south of the Tyne is south (ie most of England :)). Itd be nice to have more Apple stores UK (and Europe, and world) wide....

Fair enough, I'd like a more southern store (I'm in Dorchester, Dorset), but I can understand that you're not that near to any Apple store, and probably in a worse situation than I am.

The nearest non-Apple mac store, however, is Bournemouth, I think, and I can't even drive yet.

Oooo, only half hour away from me. I went to the bullring a month or so ago and noticed the store which was still being built or fitted.

Tempted to go an buy Tiger....with student discount.

owaters said:
Oooo, only half hour away from me. I went to the bullring a month or so ago and noticed the store which was still being built or fitted.

Tempted to go an buy Tiger....with student discount.

Oh-ah, where am ya?

Hey, they've got the new Duel 2.7 PM's in, one set up with Duel 30" Cinema displays (niiiice!)

Lt Major Burns said:
imagine working on director with that much screen space. imagine.....

I actually fired up Final Cut Pro on it, then started dragging windows everywhere to see how much I could fit in! One of the shop assistants came over and said if I came back later in the week he'd load up some footage on it so I could try rendering stuff & test the processing power (it was really busy at the time).

Back