burning .dvdr as dvd...

unispherephoto

Registered
i assume this is a simple question, but i dont really know what im doing.
a friend ripped me a copy of a film he's making (art school) and the file format (96 files) is .dvdr - for example, xpdvd-mymovie-dvdr.001 - which plays fine in VLC. how do i burn this to dvd? is there a simpler way than re-encoding to VIDEO_TS? ( which i seem not to be able to do anyway..) i tried burning a data dvd, but this obviously didnt play in my dvd player (which DOES support dvd-r). toast can only author a dvd from VIDEO_TS folders or .avi, etc.
any advice?

unispherephoto said:
i assume this is a simple question, but i dont really know what im doing.
a friend ripped me a copy of a film he's making (art school) and the file format (96 files) is .dvdr - for example, xpdvd-mymovie-dvdr.001 - which plays fine in VLC. how do i burn this to dvd? is there a simpler way than re-encoding to VIDEO_TS? ( which i seem not to be able to do anyway..) i tried burning a data dvd, but this obviously didnt play in my dvd player (which DOES support dvd-r). toast can only author a dvd from VIDEO_TS folders or .avi, etc.
any advice?

Change the extension to .dmg or .iso if necessary

change which extension?
all 96 of the dvdrs?
i dont see how that would help..

edit: i realized that the extension is not in fact dvdr, but only the numbers..
so i guess i need to know what the actual file format is? or maybe just the video codec?

Some files like that are .rar or .bin encoded, multi-part files. If you find the very first file in the list (extension of .000 or .001 or .rar or .bin or something) and drag that to StuffIt Expander, it may unpack into one, single file (or a folder of more recognizable files).

Back