Burning from iTunes

Koaste

Registered
Hi

My computer has been having trouble burning from itunes for a while now. It probably burns CDs once every ten goes, and the other nine times, ruins the disks. I'm running the latest version of itunes, OS X Version 10.4.11, on an 800 MHz PowerPC G4...

Any help to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

My computer has been having trouble burning from itunes

What application are you using to burn the CDs? I've used both the Tiger OS burn facility, and Toast. I much prefer the latter, but it's a matter of personal preference. Toast Lite does the job, and if you can locate it, it's free! (actually, it came bundled with some CD hardware brands).

There's another and free Burn application at:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/Data-CD-DVD-Burning/ghosthunter-QuickBurn.shtml

The only other suggestion I can make about the burning problem is faulty hardware, or incompatibility with modern media. I've learned to my cost that older hardware doesn't do the job. I suggest and recommend the Pioneer brand, be it for CD only, or for both CD and DVD. Minimum model 112D, or go to the 115D.

Take a can of compressed air and blow the dust out of that old drive. This might help. Also reset your Pram letting the 'bong' happen three times before letting the machine to fully boot.

Last edited:
Follow these steps:

1. Restart OS X
2. When the screen goes black immediately hold down the buttons (at the same time) p+r+command+option. Hold those buttons down until you here a "bong" sound.
3. Continue to hold the buttons down until you hear the three audible "bong" sounds THEN let go the buttons.

You have fully reset the Pram.

Then buy a can of compressed air. Take that long straw that comes with compressed air can and put it in the slot for you CD/DVD drive. Hold the Mac at a slight angle that let the air flow and blow out the rears of dust. If this doesn't fix it, replace the CD/DVD drive.

Back