Burning Problems

Webbs

Registered
I have four accounts on my imac and only one of them is burning right now. Only two of them need to burn cds and both are admins. One I place a blank cd-r into the drive it starts the burning process, and finishes it with the familar "dink" sound. I then get an error message saying the cd contains no volumes that mac OS X can read.
Once agin I am only getting this error on one account. I have a imac G4 with a super drive, version 10.2.8, and itunes 4.7.
Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the forum Webbs.
Are you sure the problem is truely dependant on the account? Couldn't it be a random error that - just by chance - occurs in the other accounts? What happenes if you freshly add a new account? Does that account allow you to burn properly?

Burned a cd on the account that it works on with sucsess.
Burned on the account I needed it to work on with failure.
Burned on a new account with failure.

I had this problem with an old account that I later deleted. Same problem only just recently did it stop burning cds.

This cd is important for my moms work so any help would be appricated.

Webbs said:
I have four accounts on my imac and only one of them is burning right now. Only two of them need to burn cds and both are admins. One I place a blank cd-r into the drive it starts the burning process, and finishes it with the familar "dink" sound. I then get an error message saying the cd contains no volumes that mac OS X can read.
Once agin I am only getting this error on one account. I have a imac G4 with a super drive, version 10.2.8, and itunes 4.7.
Thanks for your help.
Sounds like some bad preference files. Find the User preference files for the burning program and throw them out, then log out then log back in. Then try the burning again. See if that helps.

Plus, in the affected user accounts open Applications->Utilities-Disk Utility. In Disk Utility run "Repair Permissions" on the startup drive.

Back