CAMonitorBackgrounder

Whitehill

Registered
Does anyone know what this thing is? It's in my list of login items. A quick Google search didn't find anything helpful.

Sounds like it's part of an external camera app. If you have none, disable it & delete. There may be other parts to the app; find all "CAMonitor" & delete.

I also don't find anything promising about what that is...
(probably not CAM- monitor - but could be CA Monitor)

Maybe it's something provided by this company - http://www.ca.com/us/default.aspx
Network monitoring, or internet traffic monitor - maybe installed along with your router, or provided by your ISP ? Or, some other software that you have installed.

And, I suppose you will disable something if you remove it. SO, you could remove that little CAMonitorBackgrounder, and see what doesn't work then…. :D

I saw that WhatPulse place. It felt kind of creepy to me.

I discovered what CAMonitorBackgrounder is, and it's benign. It's a helper and/or part of the system preference pane for ChronoAgent from Econ Technologies. Matched with their iPad app InterConneX, it provides an easy way to move files to/from an iPad, a task that is otherwise bizarrely awkward.

I forgot to mention how I found that mystery item. In System preferences / Users & Groups / Login Items, right click on an item to bring up a context menu of one selection: Show in Finder. I discovered this purely by accident.

I forgot to mention how I found that mystery item. In System preferences / Users & Groups / Login Items, right click on an item to bring up a context menu of one selection: Show in Finder. I discovered this purely by accident.

These helpful suggestions show that not everyone knows what they are talking about. Its best to take free advice with a grain of salt, well intentioned though it may be.

And without inciting a riot, just what is your intention of your post? No one here professes to be the expert on all things.

Back