can someone please assist me! i'm so lost!!

jeffreycabal

Registered
I was given a new iphone 4 and I am unable to sync it with my itunes. I know my itunes is a little out of date since i have version 9.2.1. Problem is... it's not letting me update it to 10.5. One, for some reason, my Safari application as soon as i open it shuts down and I don't know why. so even before itunes is tring to access the web... I cant even get thru it. And If i do find an updater on firefox... I cant run exe. file. I'm using osx 10.4.11 and i've been told to up grade it but nothing shows on software up date. I don't know what to do! can't even enjoy this free iphone 4 that i got =(

You will need to upgrade your OS X to at least 10.5, as you can't upgrade your iTunes to support the iPhone on your 10.4 system.
You cannot update through your Software Update to do that upgrade. You have to use a OS X 10.5 commercial installer DVD. If you don't have access to one, you'll need to purchase one somewhere.
You may have a problem with your OS X system, but you can't go anywhere on your Mac with your new iPhone, until you upgrade to at least 10.5

Which model Mac do you have?

You are using Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger. That means you are seriously out of date regarding Mac OS X as well as iTunes

You simply don't have System Requirements necessary to use your iPhone with your computer.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html says that you'll have to upgrade to at least Mac OS X 10.5.8. Even an old PPC Mac can be upgraded to this.

how do i upgrade to 10.5.8? do i physically have to buy the cd from the apple store since i can't access/download stuff online due to my safari shuttin down when i try and open it?

Apple doesn't sell 10.5 any longer, AFAIK.
You can purchase that at a number of on-line retailers that sell software.
Here's one site with more info: http://lowendmac.com/deals/best-os-x-leopard-prices.html
10.5 is not cheap.
You CAN go straight to 10.6, I suppose, and at much lower cost, as you can still get that direct from Apple for only $30. You would also want to make sure that you have more than 1GB of RAM memory installed. Your MacBook Pro will use a max of 3GB.

Back