Can u donate laptop for someone who can't afford to buy

Jeff_tech

Registered
hello fellows, do u have a junk/old laptop thats still working like (windows,xp) mostly their are usually live in your closet or in your garage. its time for you to share it..
ihad a laptop classic MAC ox Ibook M6411.

i search in the net , to halfly upgrade it to customize some application and speed. for my stuff but still no luck,, i read some post,threads in different forums, basically this unit stuck, coz i think theirs no such parts for this now, in my country.. cause this unit is generated from california .. etc

i can't afford to buy cause it cost too high.. can u donate some laptop for me..

pls send it to this country.

BLK44 Lot 4 New orleans st. Landmark Parian Calamba Laguna, Philippines 4027

it would be a happy day to help others..

Your best bet is to contact companies to see if they are upgrading their machines. Some companies will 'donate' their old machines.
I know they try to pawn their old machines to schools and then complain that schools don't teach students the new technology. :(

Schools are great places to get equipment dirt-cheap that's on its way out.

Schools have a budget every year, and if they don't spend it, they lose it... so they typically toss or donate old computers and purchase new ones -- maybe not every year, but every so often. It's a great place to get last year's technology at rock-bottom prices, possibly even free.

Okay - colleges and universities maybe.

I work in an elementary school. The only time we get new computers is when the present ones no longer work. We don't have a line item in the budget for computers and each year the teachers ask for up to date computers, they are put on hold for the next year, maybe.
Many schools rely on donations from companies.

Very true -- it would definitely depend on what city or place you live in.

Here in San Antonio (one of the biggest cities in the US), our school districts do have a budget for computers every year (sadly, bureaucracy gets in the way and most computers are Windows-based due to ridiculous biases). While they may not swap computers every year, they do so every three to five years or so. Most old computers on the way out are offered for sale to staff for extremely discounted prices (sometimes $50 or less), and the ones that don't sell are either pawned or donated.

I picked up an old Apple ][ for $5 from a pawn shop that had an old school district tag affixed to it. Made me wonder what kids may have used that computer in school during its heyday and how amazed they must have been at the technology.

Our school districts (and also our public works systems -- water company, electric company, etc.) hold auctions/sales as well every so often where they get rid of old technology for dirt-cheap prices. We picked up a few 21" CRT monitors about 8 years ago for $20 each, and they were hardly used at all.

My point is that there is no shortage of old computers/computer parts available from many different institutions either for free or at ridiculously low prices. It takes some creative thinking and some legwork to find the deals, but it's a much more fruitful endeavor than asking for someone to ship you something for free. These institutions can offer old computers for free or very cheap a lot easier than a private individual could (I know I don't have a "computer" budget where I just toss my old computers or give them away when they're out-of-date, and I suspect most other private citizens don't either).

My point is that there is no shortage of old computers/computer parts available from many different institutions either for free or at ridiculously low prices. It takes some creative thinking and some legwork to find the deals, but it's a much more fruitful endeavor than asking for someone to ship you something for free. These institutions can offer old computers for free or very cheap a lot easier than a private individual could (I know I don't have a "computer" budget where I just toss my old computers or give them away when they're out-of-date, and I suspect most other private citizens don't either).

And a very good point at that !:D

Back