Can using iDisk screw things up? (Long boot up now)

jeffjohnson312

Registered
Hi-

First post on the board. Never really had any problems before though..

Power G5, Dual 2, 1.5g ram

Seems ever since I started using iDisk to send files, .movs, to friend, it takes forever to boot up now. Powers up, makes the little sound, then I get a blue screen with what looks a login window. Says "OSX" with the logo, then I get a blue progress bar (which I never used to see), pushes on through, then gets to "waiting for local drives", sits there the longest, finally says something about "Shake Qmaster" or something, which I have no idea about and fires up.

Power down is the same, goes to blue, and all I see is the little wheel, not the ball, but the wheel for about 3 minutes, then shuts off.

Seems everything was fine before moving files with iDisk (which take an eternity to move files anyway)..

Anyone with any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Jeff

I seem to have a similar problems, but it's after I've logged in, this is since I started using iDisk again. It takes ages to load everything up

If you have "Create a local copy of your iDisk" enabled, try setting the "Synchronize" setting to "Manually."

It could be that during bootup or shutdown, the computer is trying to sync with your iDisk (which can be slow at times). If you've got a lot of stuff on your iDisk, the computer has to search through and find modified/new files, and that can take a while even over a broadband connection.

Back