Cannot be connected to yahoo mail

ckonstantar

Registered
Dear All

The last four days I have difficulty to be connected to my yahoo account and see email from the MAC.

I can do it without difficulty from my PC and my I phone.

Any suggestions?

I can assure you that your problem is not universal. I have no trouble accessing my free Yahoo! account from my MacOS X 10.4.11 computer, my OS X 10.8 laptop, my iPhone 4S, or my iPad.

Therefore, you may rest assured that your problem is local to your system. It is on your system where corrections must be made. If you need help making those corrections, then you must give some information about your system.

Assuming that you live in the US, then these are your proper settings:

Incoming Mail Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
User Name: myaccount@yahoo.com
Password: ••••••••••
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com:myaccount@yahoo.com
TLS Certificate: [None]

Under the [advanced] tab

IMAP Path Prefix: (left blank)
Port: 993 Use SSL [checked]
Authentication: [Password]
If these are the settings that you are using, then you need to look at your security settings.

Also your ISP doesn't keep up their DNS records. Even if you are not in the U.S .A, Canada or Mexico don't worry. A free OpenDNS.com (they're in several countries) account you can control your own DNS (see [yrl=http://www.opendns.com/support/videos/basic/]this video tutorial[/url]) and block known Trojan hosting web sites.

Also you can use Google's Free DNS.

so try either of these DNS servers to see if something wrong with your ISP DNS and see if you can get to Yahoo.

Back