Cannot connect to aol or cnn.com

karlmac

Registered
i can't access aol or cnn.com on my mac using safari or firefox.
I have performed a clean install of my mac software 10.5.4. I have worked with verizon dsl to check my dsl box.It's ok Any suggestions. Any other sites i have no problem. What could be the problem why i cant access cnn.com or aol.com for over a week now.

What exactly happens when you say "i cant access cnn.com or aol.com"? Does Safari/Firefox act like they can't find the server? Do any error messages pop up? Do you get a 404 page instead of their respective home pages? Could it be that those pages just load extremely slowly?

Please be more specific about your problem; you need to explain in greater detail what "i can't access aol or cnn.com on my mac using safari or firefox" means.

I can't connect to cnn's or apple's websites after upgrading to 10.5.5 from 10.3.9. I get the following message when I try.

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.cnn.com.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

This is not isolated to Firefox. I have the same problem with Safari and Opera.

I was unable to connect to 207.200.94.38, but was able to connect to 157.com.

I am not sure what you mean by set up for dns?

Those ip addresses resolve to aol and cnn. Since you can't connect to either, it's not a problem with your dns server.
And sorry, the second link should have been http://157.166.226.26.

Open Console (Applications/Utilities), and post what it generates when you try a connection to aol or cnn.

Back