Cannot connect to my machine sharing

Macholic

Registered
I have updated my SL machine to Lion. All the upgrade went ok no problems at all. I had some problems when trying to connect to some NAS machines on my network but I found techinical help through apple web site. The machine works OK.

The problem is when someone else from my network this to connect to me. I have a SL machine over the network and it cannot conect to my it says wrong password. The only way it can connect its through SMB. So I think that something is wrong with apple file sharing.

I made a clean installation of 10.7 at an external firewire HD and there the problem does not exist.

Something is wrong in my machine but I do not know what pref I could trash to see what will happen.

Thanks in advance

You may just try turning off File Sharing, then turning it back on again. I had a similar problem where my machine that I upgraded to Lion from Snow Leopard was denying ssh connections, even though all settings and options were correct.

Simply turning off Remote Login (ssh) and turning it back on in the Sharing pane of the System Preferences got everything running smooth again.

I have tried that it does not work. I think that is an old confuration I had and it not available in lion. My next solution is to reinstall and try to copy all /etc files from a fresh installed system.

Back