Cannot print in Tiger

zulez

Registered
Upgraded my dads computer to Tiger (his iMac G3 600 didn't have a DVD player so I used firewire target disc mode which worked beautifully) and everything is working very well except for printing.

No application will print in OS X --> but Classic OS9 prints okay.

When I press the Print button it just sits there and does nothing.

I have gone through all the various printer setups and modes and all looks okay to me but when I click the print button it just sits there.

I'm hoping someone can suggest a quick fix or a check-list of things I can try or do I have to re-instal Tiger.

Thanks.

The printing plugins had to be upgraded for Tiger, especially if you are using a printer that not in the mainstream. Try the manufacture and make sure they have up to date drivers. Plus consider getting the program Printer Setup Repair.

zulez said:
Upgraded my dads computer to Tiger (his iMac G3 600 didn't have a DVD player so I used firewire target disc mode which worked beautifully) and everything is working very well except for printing.

No application will print in OS X --> but Classic OS9 prints okay.

When I press the Print button it just sits there and does nothing.

I have gone through all the various printer setups and modes and all looks okay to me but when I click the print button it just sits there.

I'm hoping someone can suggest a quick fix or a check-list of things I can try or do I have to re-instal Tiger.

Thanks.
It would help if you gave the manufacturer and model of your printer.

The printer is HP 3820.
Tiger is 10.4.6
The driver is supported in Tiger 10.4.4.
Everything looks like it is okay but I don't know exactly what to do.

But when I try to print the blue button just pulses at me.
Don't know what else to do.
Thanks.

Back