Cannot Send eMail on iPhone

hallatie

Registered
I recently got a Verizon iPhone 4, got it synced with my Apple Mail 4.5 account. I can receive emails fine but cannot send any. The error message states:

Cannot send mail. The connection to the outgoing server "smtp.amaonline.com" failed. Additional outgoing mail servers can be configured in Settings > Mail, Contact, Calendars.

The outgoing server (and the rest of the configuration)set up on my iPhone is exactly the same as on my iMac. Can someone help me figure this out?

Thanks

I bet you ISP is blocking port 25 through their servers. Choose your AOL connection and make sure sMTP server settings are setup according to AOL.

Had the same problem, same error alert, the other day although my iPhone 3GS had previously had no problem sending out email. Solved it by turning off phone completely (not just putting it to sleep) and restarting. Works with computers, figured it might work with the iPhone too. And it did. After the restart I tested it out with messages to and from each of the three e-mail accounts I keep in the phone; all worked.

Back