cannot shut down or restart....

X-KAM-X

Registered
few days ago was work fine...

but now i don't know why

when i choose to switch off or restart

it continue loading and does not shut down/restart

how can i fix it ?

or how can i obtain more message or information for you guys to help?

thanks !

Can you provide some detail about your setup? What Macintosh model are you using? What version of OS X? What kinds of peripherals do you have connected -- any USB ones besides keyboard/mouse? What kind of keyboard/mouse?

Made any changes to the operating system or hardware recently?

ElDiabloConCaca said:
Can you provide some detail about your setup? What Macintosh model are you using? What version of OS X? What kinds of peripherals do you have connected -- any USB ones besides keyboard/mouse? What kind of keyboard/mouse?

Made any changes to the operating system or hardware recently?

PowerMAC G4
mouse & keyboard
router & ADSL modem

nothing more..... :p

not recently change with the hardware...

Try this ...

01. Insert the 10.4 'Tiger' Installation DVD.
02. Restart (reboot) the Mac, via the 'restart' button.
03. Press and keep pressed the <option> key during the boot up process.
04. A set of icons representing your boot drive and the DVD will appear. When the mouse cursor eventually switches to an arrow, select the 'DVD' icon, and then click on the right pointing 'arrow' button.
05. After the Mac boots from the DVD, via the 'Utilities' (or equivalent) menu, select 'Disk Utility'.
06. Select your internal boot up hard disk drive's icon.
07. Click on the 'Repair Disk' button. You may have to repeat this step some additional times.
08. Click on the 'Repair Disk Permissions' button. You may have to repeat this step some additional times.
09. When you quit 'Disk Utility', restart (reboot) your Mac.

See if this solves or explains [via the report(s) by the 'Repair Disk' process(es)] your Shut Down and Restart problems.

03. Press and keep pressed the <option> key during the boot up process.
04. A set of icons representing your boot drive and the DVD will appear. When the mouse cursor eventually switches to an arrow, select the 'DVD' icon, and then click on the right pointing 'arrow' button.

Much quicker to just boot off the Disk while holding the C key down.

thanks~

i tried the steps tonight and now i can restart and shutdown my MAC.

and beside...

may i ask how to install a .bin file?

i download MSN Messenger....and it is a .bin file

it says it need stuffIt...but it is not a freeware.

any good suggestions?

thanks!! ^.^

Stuffit should have come installed with the OS, unless you unchecked from the Additional Applications section. The expander is freeware, but the stuffit engine is not in OS X. (i.e. you can expand files, but you can't compress them). Go to http://www.stuffit.com for the expander, if you can't find it on your HD.

but when i want to download the expander, it needs me to download the standard trial....

and i don't want to install that standard trial...coz it will expire....

any other alternative ?

Back