Canon PIXMA MP150 Printer-Scanner

billyphatu

Registered
I am trying to install a Canon PIXMA MP150 combined scanner and printer on my new Macbook Pro via a USB connection. I thought it would be a breeze... but alas it is being a pain.

Before I connected the printer, I used the set-up CD for Mac that came with the printer. It seemed to install the printer driver, scanner driver and a couple of programs, just the same as when I installed it on a PC. I then connected my printer. Nothing happened - but I assume this is normal for Macs. I went to the Printer utility and I saw the MP150 in the list of available printers. When i tried to add it, however, the Printer utility froze and I had to Force Quit. It did this every time, no matter what I changed on the settings for the driver (the default option is "Canon LJ Printer").

I tried opening the Canon MP-Navigator program (allows you to set preferences for the printer etc) and it said that the driver had not been installed. I tried installing again from the CD and the same thing happened. I went to the Canon website and downloaded all of the most recent drivers and programs for the printer for Mac. I installed them, and the same things happened. A couple of times it seemed to work and the printer was added, but whenever I tried to print to it, the print job stopped and nothing happened.

Any ideas that might help me would be SOOO appreciated! I am new to Macs, so it is entirely possible that I'm doing something wrong. Is there a particular way to install drivers that I'm not doing?

Thanks in advance.

I have a Macbook pro and tried to intstall the drivers for the Canon MP150. The drivers are not installing properly. It's not you. I think the drivers are not compatiple with the new Macs. I want to know why it's not working with the Intel based Mac? Anyone have any ideas?

I emailed Canon and I got this very unhelpful response:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding your Canon PIXMA MP150.

Please be advised that Canon are currently investigating compatibility with the recent update of the Apple Macintosh operating sytem to OSX 10.4.7.

Should compatibility be critical to your application, we would urge customers upgrading their operating system to investigate the compatibility of existing peripherals and software prior to upgrading.

Yours sincerely,

Canon Support Centre

Should our answer not fully resolve your problem, please feel free to either re-submit a new query by clicking here, or alternatively call our support helpdesk at 08705 143 723 Monday to Friday from 9:00AM to 5:30PM stating the 7 digit reference number in the subject of this email.

I didn't buy the printer for use on Mac... I only just bought the Mac :eek:(

I have a Macbook pro and tried to intstall the drivers for the Canon MP150. The drivers are not installing properly. It's not you. I think the drivers are not compatiple with the new Macs. I want to know why it's not working with the Intel based Mac? Anyone have any ideas?

Hi guys
I just have the same problem that you said. Actually my mac doesnt even open de cd that came with the printer and i had to force quit it and restart. I downloaded the drivers from a site that at leats allow me to print my documents. I also downloaded the scangear but my scanner does not work yet. I'm sorry i cant't remeber the website but I made a search in google for mp150 driver download for mac. I hope that help you

I am going to try to d/l a beta drivers for 10.4.7 to see if that works.

Otherwise, I'll have to try roll back to the earlier version of Mac OS which will be a pain in the ass until Canon get their shit sorted.

Hi, I had the same issue with my Canon MP150, but have it hooked up through a USB on my airport express. I can print, however, when I want to scan, I have to hook it up directly to my iMac and not through my airport express. Any ideas why it won't scan through the airport?

Hey guys it's super simple! Use image capture - the same app for importing photos off your camera. It comes with every mac. I am using 10.5.

I'm glad I figured it out :D

Back