Cant enter parallels after migration from imac

You have selected that ISO image file, and then you moved it from its original location... Parallels cannot locate it now.

If you don't need to use the image anymore, set your virtual CD drive back to the internal CD/DVD drive, or simply select another ISO image to use.

If this doesn't help, then you need to be much more verbose in your explanation of your problem.

The exact path to that .iso file isn't what Parallels shows on that screen.
Remove the .iso completely from the VM's configuration if it's not needed. I assume that message is on a VM where the system is already installed? If not please tell more..

i just did a migration from my friend imac.
after migration i tried run the parallels then the message pop out.

where can i configure the settings for the VM.

is this error telling me that i lost some files which is needed for the VM to start up ? i deleted some documents earlier on , i'm afraid that i accidently deleted the data files.

Open the application. Probably there is a menu for "virtual machines" or "library" or something like that - inside there you should find the settings for that VM.
What were these files you deleted? If they were anything inside the virtual machine you'll probably want them back for it to be functional.

Open the application. Probably there is a menu for "virtual machines" or "library" or something like that - inside there you should find the settings for that VM.
What were these files you deleted? If they were anything inside the virtual machine you'll probably want them back for it to be functional.

Frankly , i forgotten what files i have deleted, most of them are the videos and pictures. i'm worried that i might accidently deleted the files from the VM to function.

is it possible that during the migration the files are not transfered properly.

Using the migration assistant for getting data from old to new Mac, any kernel extension not added by an Apple program such as the virtual networks added by Fusion, Parallels, VirtualBox etc don't get added. So if you had any of those programs on the old Mac, you need to reinstall them on the new Mac, and reboot the Mac after that. I assume you did (re)install Parallels on the new Mac after files were moved over?
If not, reinstall and reboot.

There should be a configuration file for the virtual machine, editable with a text editor if Parallels VMs are anything like VMware ones.
Open the descriptor file (small one inside the virtual machine, if that shows as one file, "show package contents" with right click) with a text editor, and once you figure what is the reference line to the virtual disk, remove the line.
So something in there has the line containing /Volumes/My Disc/Windows XP with Service Pack 2.iso
Then save the file, and try to launch the VM again. Now it should have better success.

Back