Can't hear sound from flash websites

shonts

Registered
Hello!
I have recently switched to Mac and bought the intel imac. Orginally i could not see flash content on websites. i downloaded the Flash player universal binary plug in from Macromedia which did enable me to veiw flash content siights but I can not hear them. (sound in other applications like itunes, dvd player works fine)
I called macro media who suggested i:
1. run garage band then restart computer - this did not work
2. adjust the audio midi application (my audio midi settings were set to what they advised.
3. they thought it was an aplle issue
I then called apple shop where I purchased computer they asked me to bring computer in (I did so immediately) once I was there they said they couldn't look at computer till next week (obvios. frustrating having jsut driven there on their request) They said it was a software issue and would look at it next week if I wanted to brng it back.......

Has anyone else experienced this?? can any one help or direct me to where I can find help?

Thank you,
Shontelle

Thanks for your reply that too was unsucessful. i also downlaoded firefox to see if that was any different than saffarri but no go there either!

Shontelle

hmmm not sure what happened as mentioned above I could not hear flash content on website, i was busy and decided to abandon trying to fix it and mysteriously it now works???? Not sure how or why.

I had the same issue with my Intel iMac. Tried Firefox also with no luck. However, I opened Garageband and played the piano a little :) then tried the Flash Palyer again and it worked!!! Why I have no idea.

sabotis said:
I had the same issue with my Intel iMac. Tried Firefox also with no luck. However, I opened Garageband and played the piano a little :) then tried the Flash Palyer again and it worked!!! Why I have no idea.

Same here. Do not just open GarageBand then quit it, open it, then open the "Musical Typing" window, type on the keyboard a little (play a nice tune) for about 2 minutes or so. Then quit it. It should work - at least it worked for me. I don't remember restarting either.

Back