Can't move files to the far-left of the desktop

gabrielleitao

Issac Newton loves Apple
I dont know If I made myself clear with my problem... but the thing is that... I selected in the "Show View Options" at the desktop to "Snap to grid" the files that are in my desktop so I can move them to anyplace and they stay in a line... organised.... the thing is that if I select this option I cant move files on my desktop to the far left of the desktop... I dont know why...

Any ideas how to solve this?
Many thanks...

Gab

Leave 'Snap to Grid' turned on, but uncheck 'Keep arranged by'

I prefer to leave all of those options 'unchecked', and that allows you to position files anywhere you like.

If you think about it, OS X is opposite from Windows, in that icons naturally build from the right side in OS X; compared to Windows which naturally builds the desktop from the left.

I know, it is the opposite of Windows, but I did what you told me and it didnt work... I really dont know what to do, thanks for helping.

OS X will always create and arrange icons on the right, but you can move icons to the left if you turn off auto-arrange. Still, it'd probably be best to get used to the OS X way of handling the desktop. That way you don't have to manually move everything.

Back