cant play bought music with itunes

new_roti

Registered
hi

i got a itunes problem. please help!

i want to buy (and test) the apple music store from itunes.
login ... buying ... and downloading was fine.
i could play my songs after i downloaded them.

now (one day later) i could not play my new songs again.
after reding some guides from apple i found out . that i have to be connected to my account with my machine. so i need a authorization.

ok... i tried to connect it .
advanced menue.... there it says Deauthorize Computer.
ok that means i got authorization or what. if i wnat to play a song nothing happens.
i tried to Deauthorize (to authorize later again) but nothing happens. there comes a message to with my apple id and pass... nothing happens.

it seams that i got authorization.

is there anyone who has an idea?

thanks

ps: i have allready made an itunes update to 4.9 before i bought the songs

new_roti said:
i tried to Deauthorize (to authorize later again) but nothing happens. there comes a message to with my apple id and pass... nothing happens.
When this message pops up, are you entering your Apple ID and password, then clicking the "OK" button?

Also, you need to be connected to the internet in order to authorize songs, so if you're using some sort of dial-up method, you need to connect before trying to authorize.

ElDiabloConCaca said:
When this message pops up, are you entering your Apple ID and password, then clicking the "OK" button?

Also, you need to be connected to the internet in order to authorize songs, so if you're using some sort of dial-up method, you need to connect before trying to authorize.

hi
sure i'm entering mei id and pass press ok then nothing happens if i try to play a song.

no dial up. dsl !. internet is working great . i disabled my firewall. but that was not the reason. i wrote i mail to apple support. but they just send me a link with help i have seen before.

I have a couple questions to ask:
Did you download the music from another computer and check back on your computer?
Did you logout and log back into the music store? Sometimes this fixes things.
How about check for 'Purchased Music' in the menu. Usually iTunes will tell you that all music is downloaded and if you have modified the playlist(deleted items) you cannot download the music again. I don't think you can retrieve your tunes somewhere else either.
Did all of your music completely download?
Did you burn your music to CDs, move to an iPod, another computer, and your own? Remember there is a limit on how many devices your music can go on.
Do you have your music stored on an external drive?
Speakers plugged in?
Need a hug? ;)

ApeintheShell said:
I have a couple questions to ask:
Did you download the music from another computer and check back on your computer?

hi. i downloaded the songs to my g5 . there i play the songs.

ApeintheShell said:
Did you logout and log back into the music store? Sometimes this fixes things.
How about check for 'Purchased Music' in the menu. Usually iTunes will tell you that all music is downloaded and if you have modified the playlist(deleted items) you cannot download the music again. I don't think you can retrieve your tunes somewhere else either.
Did all of your music completely download?
Did you burn your music to CDs, move to an iPod, another computer, and your own? Remember there is a limit on how many devices your music can go on.
Do you have your music stored on an external drive?
Speakers plugged in?
Need a hug? ;)

i logged out an in about 1000 times.
but now there is something new.
i bought another song. this song i could play quite good. if i want to play it itunes ask first time for me id and pass... then it plays.
the songs i bought 3 days before dont play. they have a diffrend extension .mp3 (AAC) the new (which i could play ) is an M4p (AAC)

in my account info from the store it says now there is 1 mac able to play songs. this was'nt before i made my second buy.

how can i find out if me music if complete loaded (it seams so they had a lot MB one song about 6 MB)

it must be right ploblem in itunes or system or itunes... no plan

new_roti said:
they have a diffrend extension .mp3 (AAC) the new (which i could play ) is an M4p (AAC)
This doesn't make sense -- you can't have a file that's both an MP3 and an AAC at the same time -- it's either one or the other.

If the extension of the file is MP3, then it's an MP3 file.

If the extension of the file is M4A or M4P, then it's an AAC file. If it's M4A, it's an unprotected AAC file. If it's M4P, then it's a protected AAC file, probably purchased from the iTunes music store.

Which of these above files are giving you problems? If it's the MP3 files, what kind of file do they show up as (show the file type column in iTunes). If they appear as QuickTime Media Files or something like that, then there is a fix available (I'm searching for it now...).

ElDiabloConCaca said:
This doesn't make sense -- you can't have a file that's both an MP3 and an AAC at the same time -- it's either one or the other.
may be ... sure i have bought mp3 files and one m4p. if i look to the info of the mp3 file its says they are AAC files ?!?!

ElDiabloConCaca said:
If the extension of the file is MP3, then it's an MP3 file.
sure... but not these files i think.

ElDiabloConCaca said:
If the extension of the file is M4A or M4P, then it's an AAC file. If it's M4A, it's an unprotected AAC file. If it's M4P, then it's a protected AAC file, probably purchased from the iTunes music store.
u r right the m4p is protected. but the mp3s too?
i renemed one of the (funny) mp3 aac files to . m4p....
Wonder! now i can play it but its not very good quality i hear a nack nack every second. what a shit.

ElDiabloConCaca said:
Which of these above files are giving you problems? If it's the MP3 files, what kind of file do they show up as (show the file type column in iTunes). If they appear as QuickTime Media Files or something like that, then there is a fix available (I'm searching for it now...).
defnetly the mp3s. filetypy is "protected AAC-Audiofile". would be great if there is something to repair these. if i want to play the renamed file in finder vie quicktime there come comes a message that i have to update QT. hope that solves the problem.

Well, I really don't know what's going on, but it seems like there's two possibilities:

1. iTunes is incorrectly reporting that MP3 files are AAC files
2. The actual extensions of the files got changed somehow -- a "Protected AAC Audio File" should just about always have the extension M4P, not MP3.

Have you ever run some sort of batch file renaming program, like MP3Rage or something? I'm thinking if so, that 3rd party program may have erroneously renamed some of your AAC files to have an MP3 extension or something... maybe you've renamed these files to have a different extension?

I just don't know... it seems your problems may extend deeper than simply not being able to play some songs... your file extensions are screwy or iTunes is reporting screwy file types, which is definitely not normal.

You say you purchased an MP3 file -- this wasn't from the iTMS (they don't sell MP3s at all), and so it is probably not compatible with iTunes. If it's some protected MP3 file from another online music store, then iTunes most likely will not play it I'm guessing (since it doesn't have whatever decoding information for the protection on the file).

if hav no idea why and how that happens. it could be that i loaded m4p and for some reason it converted to mp3. now everthing is working great after renaming. but what i cant understand is , why can't give me the apple music store support an answer. i told them that i had now diffrent filetypes and they just answerend funny thing.

so .... thanks fork help! now i know a bit more about m4p and mp3! :D

Did you by chance use the "Convert Selection to ???" feature in iTunes? (where ??? could be MP3 or AAC or etc.)

i also have an i pod problem.....i bought music from i tunes like i have been doing
my problem is for some reason it wont transfer into my ipod??... i have songs already on my ipod.. when i plug my ipod to have the ipod updated it shows its updated, but the do not disconnect stays on for what seems like a long time?
so is it my ipod?....never had this problem befor and i have been buying music so whats going on??

cleo said:
i also have an i pod problem.....i bought music from i tunes like i have been doing
my problem is for some reason it wont transfer into my ipod??... i have songs already on my ipod.. when i plug my ipod to have the ipod updated it shows its updated, but the do not disconnect stays on for what seems like a long time?
so is it my ipod?....never had this problem befor and i have been buying music so whats going on??

sorry .... i have no ipod

Back