Can't read certain webpages like google in Safari

supanatral

Registered
I have a user that can't read the text in Safari. I've checked the font and compared it to my Macbook Pro however it's all the same. It think it's an issue with the extra fonts he's installed in his computer (which is a lot) however I don't know how to fix this. I've resolved all the duplicates using the Font Book program however it's still a problem. I've posted two screenshots.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-01-30 at 4.14.13 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-01-30 at 4.14.13 PM.png
    195.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Screen shot 2010-01-30 at 4.15.18 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-01-30 at 4.15.18 PM.png
    286.9 KB · Views: 10
I have a user that can't read the text in Safari. ...
If you can't read the text, then it is because you aren't trying. Your text is displaying in a font that is designed to look like raised lettering, but it is perfectly legible. I will not put myself to the trouble of identifying it for you. You can do that for yourself. You may use Font Book to identify the font and to disable it if you want.

You can reset the font that Safari uses by removing com.apple.Safari.plist from the user/Library/Preferences folder. That will reset all pref settings for Safari to defaults. You may also need to reset Safari from the Safari menu.

It looks like a bad font rather than just Safari settings...
So if Safari settings won't fix it for that user, then disable ALL user installed fonts with Font Book or whatever is used for fonts. Log off and log back in. Now it should display everything correctly. If that is the case, go back to Font Book, enable 50 % of those user added fonts, log off and log back in... depending on the outcome, add 50 % of the remaining fonts, or remove 50 % of the fonts that were just added, always logging off and on in between. In the end you'll find the font(s) that didn't like to be there.
If there are a lot of fonts, that will take a while to get it done. But if there are thousands of installed fonts to start with, you'll get the Mac faster by not keeping all of those in use at the same time.

Back