Can't read Mac CD on Windows

gphillipk

Registered
Got this great magazine called iCreate, published in the UK, comes with a CD. The magazine is all about creative ways to use a Mac etc. Prob is I'm still using a PC running XP and for some reason I cant access anything on the CD. Just shows 0 bytes on 2 PC's. Checked the underside of the CD and its spotless. So I'm thinking its some format Windows cant read :confused: Is there any software out there that'll allow me to access the contents of the CD? Software_for_Windows_not _Mac....Thanks in advance.

I had the same problem (I was using a PC at the time, my mac was being repaired).

I should find that disc. But I have no idea of any software that would help.

I'll keep looking.

Once you're able to read the CD on the Windows machine, there's no guarantee you'll be able to do anything with the data on the CD if it contains Macintosh applications, though.

If the CD is HTML files or some sort of cross-platform document type like PDF, then everything should go smooth. Good luck!

is there any program that will allow you to read windows-burned dvd's on your mac? i have alot of them, but for no good, since my system won't find the dvd at all..

alex.

Mac OS X should read the disk just fine whether it's in NTFS, FAT32 or UDF format. Perhaps the disks were not "closed" on the Windows machine, leaving the session open. Macs usually don't like disks like that.

For CD's, make sure you burn them as ISO 9000, not Mac Format, so they're readable on any computer.

Back